View Poll Results: What's more important. Lightness or Performance

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lightness of Veil Coating on Headlights

5 33.33%
  • Maximum Performance regardless of "darkness" (to a reasonable point of course)

10 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Next Veil Generation Question

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by josque56 View Post
    Lightness my friend.

User can paint more if necessary for more performance.
    Absolutely. But there quickly comes a point of diminishing returns. Very quickly. So more doesn't result in practical improvements in performance. The exception to that is direct plate application where two or three coats may be needed to really protect a highly reflective diamond cut membrane type plate. You may get away with only one or two coats on a plate cover, but when directly applied to a plate, at least two coats appear to be necessary on those types of plates.

VG
    Unless he can swing a black plate that many states offer for different things. IN IL they have a totally black plate for the Sox.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by PointerCone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by josque56 View Post
    Lightness my friend.

User can paint more if necessary for more performance.
    Absolutely. But there quickly comes a point of diminishing returns. Very quickly. So more doesn't result in practical improvements in performance. The exception to that is direct plate application where two or three coats may be needed to really protect a highly reflective diamond cut membrane type plate. You may get away with only one or two coats on a plate cover, but when directly applied to a plate, at least two coats appear to be necessary on those types of plates.

VG
    Unless he can swing a black plate that many states offer for different things. IN IL they have a totally black plate for the Sox.
    Definitely. Every enthusiast should be driving with a dark plate if at all possible.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Hi VG...noob here, finally figured out the search engine, and found this thread.

First, I've already ordered the Veil G5, it's on the way, but I have to tell you I had to chuckle.

On one of the videos that Radar Roy had on your product, you (pretty sure it was you) had flown in and rented a black Mustang convertible for testing.

Sir, no kidding, that could very well have been MY EXACT CAR! The only way I know it's not is that my car doesn't have Veil on it...yet.

My 2014 black Mustang Convertible started off it's life as a RENTAL CAR in...yep, you guessed it...ARIZONA! No kidding! I've got it's pedigree papers to show it!

Soooooo...am I confident that the Veil will perform EXACTLY as it did on that video? Ayup!

Anyway...I know this is an old thread, and I would have voted for highest performance, but I'm biased...I'm doing a "black out" of the car anyway, will end up with NO chrome (other than wheels...maybe...we'll see), so I'm looking forward to the Veil helping out with that part of the project.

Ride safe,

CR

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by CeeAre View Post
    Hi VG...noob here, finally figured out the search engine, and found this thread.

First, I've already ordered the Veil G5, it's on the way, but I have to tell you I had to chuckle.

On one of the videos that Radar Roy had on your product, you (pretty sure it was you) had flown in and rented a black Mustang convertible for testing.

Sir, no kidding, that could very well have been MY EXACT CAR! The only way I know it's not is that my car doesn't have Veil on it...yet.

My 2014 black Mustang Convertible started off it's life as a RENTAL CAR in...yep, you guessed it...ARIZONA! No kidding! I've got it's pedigree papers to show it!

Soooooo...am I confident that the Veil will perform EXACTLY as it did on that video? Ayup!

Anyway...I know this is an old thread, and I would have voted for highest performance, but I'm biased...I'm doing a "black out" of the car anyway, will end up with NO chrome (other than wheels...maybe...we'll see), so I'm looking forward to the Veil helping out with that part of the project.

Ride safe,

CR
    That's too funny. Look for some dried blood underneath. If it's there then it was definitely mine!

Seriously that was a painful day. That ticket I got (without Veil, of course) actually came to nearly $640. That's crazy. Fortunately I was able to knock it down by taking some online course/test. It was a real PIA, though. Guess it made good reality TV.

Veil should do quite well for you on that ride. If any questions should arise, don't hesitate to give me a shout out!

VG
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 02-10-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CeeAre View Post

Ride safe,

CR
    That's too funny. Look for some dried blood underneath. If it's there then it was definitely mine!

Seriously that was a painful day. That ticket I got (without Veil, of course) actually came to nearly $640. That's crazy. Fortunately I was able to knock it down by taking some online course/test. It was a real PIA, though. Guess it made good reality TV.

Veil should do quite well for you on that ride. If any questions should arise, don't hesitate to give me a shout out!

VG
    I wasn't going to remind you about the painful part...yes, it was the height of irony.

With just a little effort that could have been turned into a Monty Python routine:

"So you're a speed surveillance avoidance expert?"

"Yes, that's right."

"And...that slip of paper sticking out of your pocket...that's a laundry list I presume?"

"Ummm...well, no, but...you see...but...I didn't have a chance to...uhhh, well, I had the CHANCE to, but I didn't, ummm, there was this test we were...SEE HERE NOW, DO YOU HAVE A POINT?"

"And now for something completely different...monkey's on steroids riding Shriner mini-bikes, flinging feces at constables with radar guns as they pass...and a bargain at only a $50 fine, no points!"

(Authors note: This only applies to monkeys. It's waaaay more expensive if you do it.)

But seriously...really looking forward to receiving the product!

Ride safe,

CR