Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Any suggestions on applying VEIL to these new big round / curvy headlight assemblies?

Hi all! I just bought VEIL and applied to to 3 of my cars. 2 look good, the Suburban looks streaky. I am now scared to put it on my Equus headlights. They are those big curvy roundish things that pretty much take up the corners of the car. Lots and lots of retroreflectivity there, so I want to do it, but I am worried. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with these kinds of assemblies? I do not think the brushes are going to be effective, but I never air brushed anything before. Any ideas would be most welcome. Tried PMing VeilGuy, but his box is full.

Manufacturer

Default Re: Any suggestions on applying VEIL to these new big round / curvy headlight assembl

Quote Originally Posted by Dentish View Post
    Hi all! I just bought VEIL and applied to to 3 of my cars. 2 look good, the Suburban looks streaky. I am now scared to put it on my Equus headlights. They are those big curvy roundish things that pretty much take up the corners of the car. Lots and lots of retroreflectivity there, so I want to do it, but I am worried. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with these kinds of assemblies? I do not think the brushes are going to be effective, but I never air brushed anything before. Any ideas would be most welcome. Tried PMing VeilGuy, but his box is full.
    Haven't airbrushed ever, but the 2" or 3" foam applicator should be able to do the job. Do it in the evening, when it is cooler, though, it will help Veil flow out better on such a big housing.

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

Default Re: Any suggestions on applying VEIL to these new big round / curvy headlight assembl

I will try it, but I am wary...

Newcomer

I had a friend of mine, who owns a body shop, airbrush mine on. I came out looking like the headlight cover was manufactured that way.

Radar Fanatic

Are you running any thing else or just Veil? Because Veil will not protect you without some other measures.

Newcomer

Veil first, then Blinder 905, then BEL STI-R

Newcomer

Can you offer any suggestion about what to ask for at a body shop? Should i just ask if they do airbrushing? Is there something special to request?

Radar Fanatic

I have a suggestion. BUY LI and forget everything else, you won't need to put that crap on your car. If Veil Guy, and Radar Roy tells you, welllll.
    What a laugh, go watch these two paint some lights and get punch through at,, Just go watch it. DO NOT PUT THIS CRAP ON YOUR CAR> .

I have a full can of the amazing Veil G4 which I will never put on my truck.
    Also Blinder updates are crap and LI will treat you right.

Newcomer

I see you are running the M47. Did Blinder screw you over? How do you know LI is better? Where do I got to see Veil punch through video??

Radar Fanatic

Of course Blinder screwed me over, just like every other customer. They do not take care of updates. M series is obsolete in the real world. I know LI works because I can read and watch all the unbiased reviews on them.
    You never hear anything but good about Cliff, he takes care of customers. I will never again purchase from Blinder.