Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My VEiL :(

Old Timer

Default My VEiL :(

Welp, after about 10 applications to both my headlights, I think its about time to buy a new can. Recently, I dont know why I have been having so much trouble, it must be the cold for sure. It was probibally my best application job ever :? sort of bummed, but I am starting to enjoy applying it Either way I love this stuff!

Anyways, I guess what this post is for is to warn the members not to apply VEiL when its below 50 degrees. I did the hair dryer trick as well for almost 3 hours per headlight. Apply when WARM with no rain. Good lesson to learn here...

Manufacturer

Darn, I feel terrible that I removed your Veil at the GoL in Jan...

I'll find a way to make it up to you, Seth.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Darn, I feel terrible that I removed your Veil at the GoL in Jan...

I'll find a way to make it up to you, Seth.

Veil Guy 8)
    No problem Bob, I knew there was a risk when it was removed, but its alright its worth every penny

Hmm... although I wonder how much an autographed foam applicator would go for on ebay if it was signed by the veil guy himself?

Banned

I would pay $150.00 for some 3M clear headlight covers that had VEIL built into them, so you wouldn't have to apply anything.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    I would pay $150.00 for some 3M clear headlight covers that had VEIL built into them, so you wouldn't have to apply anything.
    X2

Power User

Me three!

Radar Fanatic

me quattro

Good Citizen

If you guys are serious, PM me and we can work something out.

Manufacturer

We had this variation [along with some others] some time ago and determined that its production may not be commercially viable [we settled on the current packaging form]. Why? Because one would have to create a unique cut-out for each and every vehicle's lighting system - potentially having many, many SKUs and likely having production excesses for less popular vehicles and given the [high] cost of certain materials...we decided it was not economically feasible, at this time.

Additionally, Veil in its current packaging form allows for infinite application possiblities [and with minimal waste/excess] and is easily removed and re-applied and keep in mind that one container of Veil will treat multiple vehicles both front and back irrespective of shape, curvature, and surface abberation (ie; dimples - like that of Seth's headlights).

That being said, we are continually exploring new/improved mfg/packaging techniques and have some new things in the works which - when the time is right - we'll announce right here.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Lead Foot

What if it werent a unique cut out? Say something more like a roll, 10-12in wide. Roll a a sheet out, trim to fit, peel and apply.