Default Venice, Florida (US 41)

Watch out for FHP using stalker dual on 41 South next to Manatee Community College in the construction zone. My dad got his ass handed to with three tickets one for speeding 68 in 45, and two seat belt tickets (one for him and one for passenger) from a ruthless female LEO (I hate female leo's, all of them think they are hot s****). Of course, I keep on telling him get a damn radar if you plan on speeding like that but he refuses.

Power User

Passanger... I thought passangers get their own ticket... unless the passanger is under age, then it is the drivers responsibility.

yea it was my brother, he is 21.. but so what its not his fault he wasnt speeding!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by druzetito
    yea it was my brother, he is 21.. but so what its not his fault he wasnt speeding!
    Did the officer ask your brother age, I thought in Florida, passangers are on their own unless under age, then it is the drivers fault. Oh well. Buy your father a RD as a present.

Is your father going to take the school option... if he is even thinking about just paying the speeding ticket, forget about fighting the seatbelt, he should at least fight the speeding ticket, nothing to loose, if the officer does not show up to the court date, he wins.

yea well he already took the school option a few months ago for another speeding ticket.. lol.

But yea he plans on going to court for this one. I don't know what kind of defense he will have but he might use the damaged speedometer defense.

Power User

yea well he already took the school option a few months ago for another speeding ticket.. lol.

But yea he plans on going to court for this one. I don't know what kind of defense he will have but he might use the damaged speedometer defense.
    Tell him to read up on picking apart the officers testimoney, recollection, if he can show that radar is not 100% accurate, he has a chance. Also ask for the service records of the radar unit, Florida I read somewhere require serivce every 6 months. Research alot, and he will at least have a defense much better than a broken speedoo.

Radar Fanatic

[quote="amoney"]
    Is your father going to take the school option... if he is even thinking about just paying the speeding ticket, forget about fighting the seatbelt, he should at least fight the speeding ticket, nothing to loose, if the officer does not show up to the court date, he wins.
    Won't the same thing apply to the seatbelt violation?

Also, in MI if you are equal or > 16, you get your own ticket for no seatbelt - if its needed. (we don't need one in rear seats)

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by bauzer71487
    Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Won't the same thing apply to the seatbelt violation?

Also, in MI if you are equal or > 16, you get your own ticket for no seatbelt - if its needed. (we don't need one in rear seats)
    Seatbelt tickets in Florida are zero points... dont ask, but they are considered a non-moving violation (clerk told me), and becuase they are zero points, class has no effect, sure you can fight the seatbelt ticket, the only way you can win is if the officer does not show. Thats why I was also confused, becuase I thought the passanger was suppose to get his own ticket unless under age (responsibility of the driver), I think the officer goofed.

well.. the officer DID give a seperate seatbelt ticket for the passenger.. the passenger was over 18 but did not have his dl. All she needed was his name.. lol.