Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: May in NJ

  1. #1
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    590

    Default May in NJ

    Heard this on the radio today..

    Starting May 2 and running throughout the entire month, NJ Troopers are going to be out in full force on major thruways in NJ (Turnpike,PArkway, I95,195,295,130 to name a few) in unmarked and marked cars looking for speeders. You will probably encounter more Lidar than you ever have in NJ.

    Stay safe and alert...

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default Re: May in NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by midd
    Heard this on the radio today..

    Starting May 2 and running throughout the entire month, NJ Troopers are going to be out in full force on major thruways in NJ (Turnpike,PArkway, I95,195,295,130 to name a few) in unmarked and marked cars looking for speeders. You will probably encounter more Lidar than you ever have in NJ.

    Stay safe and alert...
    thank you that's just around the time I will be delivering some cars so this is good to know. At least the car that i travel in will be equiped with VEIL and my BEL possibly a jammer as well if i get a b-day surprise. Do you think they will be using X-band radar most of the time when i travel on 295 to go through North Nj i haven't run into any cops or x-band

    How do you know this?

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  3. #3
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Aahhh crap... any word on I-80 in NJ? I take it to work every day.

    Stupid lidar, I havent invested in any countermeasures for it yet because my car sucks.

  4. #4
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kai445
    Stupid lidar, I havent invested in any countermeasures for it yet because my car sucks.
    VEIL can be used on the car even if you plan to get rid of it, then use it on your new one. :wink:

  5. #5
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Yes I-80 was another thruway mentioned. Yes X-Band will be used. You should expect plenty of traps. I've seen unmarked Crown Vics and even Chevy Caprices out there. Some brown, some sky blue.

  6. #6
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    This is great for Bob. He can take a trip out there again testing his Veil
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  7. #7
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I take Rt 1 to work everyday. Avg speed = 5mph.

  8. #8
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midd
    Yes I-80 was another thruway mentioned. Yes X-Band will be used. You should expect plenty of traps. I've seen unmarked Crown Vics and even Chevy Caprices out there. Some brown, some sky blue.
    I see alot of cops on the highway with K band, very few X encounters... but either way I'm set with my X50.

  9. #9
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Day 1 and nothing on my stretch of the higway today.

    Detector Settings: Highway Mode (H), ExpertMeter, POP ON, Brightness Low

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •