Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Illinois residents, I've got a question

I was just wondering how many times any Illinois residents or people that have visited here have gotten a true X band warning, or if they're all false alarms. I live in Woodstock and was in McHenry lastnight on Rt 120, and let me tell you, I was in City Mode with Low X, but I still got hit numerous times. I think they were all falses though. It was weird though because after I got hit with the X Band, I got hit with a K Band at the same time (Exp. Mode). I know K Band may also be alarms and door openers. Have any of you IL residents completely turned off X Band, or is it still a common threat? BTW, I have looked at that one topic of all the states bands listings, and IL has X Band as last. Thanks for your advice.

Newcomer

I see alot of ka these days as the state police and others have upgraded. Sangamon county uses k and still a lot of old x band here and there. My son got hit with a x band just last night in Chatham where they are still in use. You know just as soon as you disable it you will get nailed by one.

Radar Fanatic

I've never seen X on the highway, but it's rumored to exist. State police in this area have mostly gone to Ka or laser.

Good Citizen

I live near Eastern Illinois University (EIU) and the EIU cops use X, so I leave it active. The only other place I've seen X used by cops is in Ohio.

Good Citizen

I've gotten X band in my town. I confirmed it too, cop sitting (I assumed had pulled someone over and they parked in the parking lot) at batteries plus.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by gtp405
    I've gotten X band in my town. I confirmed it too, cop sitting (I assumed had pulled someone over and they parked in the parking lot) at batteries plus.
    Which town do you live in?

Good Citizen

Rockford, it's in the northern Illinois area.

Newcomer

I'm all over Northern IL everyday for work. I have X off. I live out in Barrington right by ya by the way. 8)

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by gtp405
    Rockford, it's in the northern Illinois area.
    It's very tempting to turn it off, but since Rockford isn't too far from me (Woodstock), I'll just have to deal with the falses.

Up until last July 05 I lived in Evanston and drove all over Cook/Lake/McHenry county as a corporate trainer. Never encountered X band there, just Ka. I did however grow up in Southern Illiinois and there are still some small towns there that used X band as recently as three years ago. Haven't been down there in a long time so I can't say what they are currently using. Like EIU, the leo's at SIU run (when I was there) X band.