Founder of Stealthvation

Default Ohio State Troopers Ka Radar Guns?

Roy,

Today I was blasted with something during my commute to work on the Ohio Turnpike. I THINK it was Ka band radar but I have not gotten fully comfortable with the tone sounds of my X50. All I know my X50 gave me the same sound as a POP blast (but I have POP off because of the insane amount of false alerts). My blinder DID NOT go off so I would HOPE it was not laser. He was parked perpindicular to me as if he was using laser but I THINK that his windshield was up (am not sure because it was dark early morning). Does the state highway patrol have ka band radar guns?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

I think the Ohio state highway patrol might use some weird form of radar. I use to have a cobra radar detector that would never pick the highway patrol up. But I am also starting to think that they are all trainted to use the POP radar which is where they just put it on your for a sec so your radar detector wouldnt even have time to pick it up. Well thats the best i have come up with why i cant pick the state patral up.

Administrator

Default Ohio

Ohio has a mixture of about everything, including some lightbar mounted X band guns.

I found that by doing a google search for radar state radar will sometimes bring up the bidding contracts for equipment. Just tried this and this was the result:

Here is one result:

POLICE

Six of Washington Township's twelve radar units were replaced in 2000. The Township is now in need of six new radar units with dual antennas. The radar units being replaced are those that had outside antennas. Due to exposure to the weather and to numerous car washes, the antennas have been damaged and are inoperable. The cost to replace the antennas is $600.00 each; however, the Township can purchase brand new radar units with antennas for $1,300.00 each. There is approximately $20,000.00 of unexpended funds in the maintenance budget of the Police fund.

It was moved by Mr. Blair, seconded by Mr. Snyder, that the Board approves the purchase of six Eagle Dual KA Antenna radar units at a cost of $7,830.00 from Kustom Signals, Lenexa, KS, from the State of Ohio Cooperative Bid Index #STS845 Schedule 778845A.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

"lightbar mounted X band guns"

What do these look like? What are so special about these? Also Roy what is the advantage of police using X, K, Ka? Why spend so much $$$$ for Ka when X band does the same thing?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Administrator

Default X guns

Ohio State Police are only one of the few departments in the USA that still contract for X band radar guns
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Good Citizen

Ohio State Police are only one of the few departments in the USA that still contract for X band radar guns
    NJ state police still use X band in central and south NJ. If you ever went to check your X band distance, take a drive down Rt. 195. I've heard the rookie NJ state police use rt. 195 to train on, so they get the older equipment like the X band guns.

NJ state police use Lidar in north NJ on parkway, and turnpike. I've been hit with lidar on parkway near exit 150 going south. I saw the cop before the laser went off in my V1. I was not speeding much, and did not get pulled over.