Experienced

Default NJ State Police K-band use Confirmed

I was at PNC Bank Art Center Wednesday Night for a concert, and its a State Park so theres NJSP all over the place in there unmarked and marked cruisers. I was looking around, and noticed the usual MPH K55 X-band guns, but then one unmarked blue cruiser had his window open, and BAM!!! K-band. Looked like a new MPH Bee III model, and yes it was NJSP inside, not a local cop.

Watch your backs on the highways now, because they've got this weapon out there, probably GSP area.

Yeah. I installed an MPH BEE III about 3-4 years ago into a prototype stealth car (I was part of a college project funded by NJSP/NJDOT/FHWA ). They couldn't put it into use right away, because NJ legislation prevented it. But later down the road I heard they were actually doing some field testing w/that same model and would likely insert it into their lineup once approved.

That was my only ever experience w/shooting radar. POP wasn't too reliable... but maybe we didn't have it setup/calibrated right, haha :roll: .

Experienced

Well it looks like its being used now, this was no prototype vehicle, it was one of their standard unmarked crown vics.