Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Maryland transportation authority

Anyone have an idea what the Md transportation authority police are using ?
    I have a feeling there using instant on, I have no clue cause im new, but....Last night after i was basically plain view he shot me. I didnt get a very strong signal, and it was quick, then back to quiet and no other cars were around either....I said damn to myself !!!
    Have no clue what happened but It was fun, I almost went back around again but It was to late at night...

Any idea about maryland state troopers guns may be or using ???

sounds likes Instant-On or Pulse. How far away where you from the Leo from the time of alert?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    sounds likes Instant-On or Pulse. How far away where you from the Leo from the time of alert?
    What's Pulse and what's the difference btwn Instant-On that I very well know how it works and Pulse, so how Pulse really works?
    TIA

Experienced

I don't know what radar guns the MSP are using, but I've only received Ka hits from them in the past year or two (almost all at night).

Laser, I have seen the Pro Laser 3 in use by the MSP and Howard County police. The MSP have been real agressive lately on I95. They have set up new Laser traps this week (I95 south by Rt 175 and I95 south before Rt 32 (under the "Amber Alert" signs)).

Keep your eyes wide open in the day!

Michael (seriously considering AL G8)

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Maryland transportation authority

Quote Originally Posted by DOUG
    I have a feeling there using instant on, I have no clue cause im new, but....Last night after i was basically plain view he shot me. I didnt get a very strong signal, and it was quick, then back to quiet and no other cars were around either....I said *BEEP* to myself !!!
    Have no clue what happened but It was fun, I almost went back around again but It was to late at night...

You probably got "quick triggered!" Nothing more than a short burst of instant on, longer than a POP radar burst. Is your radar POP capable? If yes, you may have been "popped."

GTO_04

Professional

well i finally figured what the V1 does when its been POP'ed its a long story but thanks to a Plano PD, When the V1 has POP on and a officer shoots POP in the desired Band, K or Ka. in this case it was with Ka and the V1 gave me a Ka warning at a signal strenght of 3 or 4. and then a few seconds after the gun and the gun is actually shooting the strenght meter then shoots up. but anyways to help you out, it sounds like you got POP'ed

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Quattro
    40 TO 20 YARDS OR SO, NOT SURE EXCATLY

Good Citizen

Default Re: Maryland transportation authority

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUG
    I have a feeling there using instant on, I have no clue cause im new, but....Last night after i was basically plain view he shot me. I didnt get a very strong signal, and it was quick, then back to quiet and no other cars were around either....I said *BEEP* to myself !!!

You probably got "quick triggered!" Nothing more than a short burst of instant on, longer than a POP radar burst. Is your radar POP capable? If yes, you may have been "popped."

GTO_04
    I, NOT SURE IM USING A USELESS WHISTLER 1730...

Good Citizen

I see the MdTA all the time, as I live at one end of the Bay Bridge. They use instant on Ka, pacing and Vascar. Don't speed more than 10+ on the descending side of the bridge. Dispatch will watch you in the cameras going up and the MdTA will time you going down or nail you at the bottom with instant. Also, there are a few plain wrapped Mustang GT's cruising back and forth, taking the exits to turn around (as opposed to using the median strip). They target sporty cars by rolling up next to them, then making signs or quick accelerating/decelerating to try to initiate a "race".

My (step) mother-in-law was a MdTA dispatch supervisor for many a year, the last part about the 'stangs was from her.

^the only helpful words out of her lips in all these years^

Professional

Not sure if even POP enabled RDs would help in a situation such as POP/Instant on combo. Might give you 1-2 seconds advance warning but wouldn't be enough time to slow to the PSL. Besides POP mode can false a lot such as indicating a POP alert when really it was instant-on and I've read about that happening on this forum.

Have had instant-on happen to me but lucky for me I had cars ahead who were targets so I would get a quick Ka alert as the LEO targeted the other cars. Soon as I was targeted (was at the PSL by then) my RD went full alert and I tell ya if I didn't have cars ahead of me I would have @#!$ myself lol