Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any "POP" and X band true alerts in the WA. St. ar

I live in lakewood and was wondering since I have POP and X band turned off.

Speed Demon

I have had pop off for over a year, and had X off for about 3 months, I havent been caught by either yet.

same here, but i have heard of reports that on east side like in the bellevue area or the seattle area on I-5 there is x band being used.

Professional

I leave everything on,
    For the simple reason that just because the state boys do not advertise they still use X-Band, there are small cities and counties that still use antiquated equipment. Wouldn't it suck to get ticketed by X becuase you had the detection turned off?

almost all the automatic door openers in my area are all K-band, so any X alert I get is taken very seriously even though I have not verified it is still used up by me

Good Citizen

There was a post that someone made that showed what is used by what state. Like switchfoot said, I leave everything on just for that reason. Maybe someone can post the link and you can make a choice on your own.

Speed Demon

Per the stickies in the Speed Trap Info forum:

RADAR: Laser, K, Ka, POP, Airborn VASCAR, X
    LIDAR: Pro Laser III
    http://www.radardetector.net/List-of...e-U.S-589t.php
    http://www.radardetector.net/List-of...ates-5788t.php

Aren't we lucky?
    At least you can turn off Ku and SWS? :roll: Seriously, we'll be better served by providing Ka USA/INTL modes instead of the non-existent SWS!!

Professional

Sounds just like here.

Louisiana - K, KA, X, Laser, VASCAR

Laser is the LTI 20-20 used by the LSP :cry: although not too sure how often it is actually in use.

Old Timer

Default x band

Not sure about POP, but X band is being used in some areas of Washington State. I would leave X band on but use the fitering techniques of your detector for X band when needed.

Speed Demon

I was wondering about POP. Maybe it was just a POP false. I've turned it off on my 995 but kept the X on just in case.

Newcomer

My opinion is: even if it gives a false alert, it would be good to keep all bands on, just in case.

It never hurts to slow down to the speed limit once in a while. Of course, if you're going through main street or your favorite shopping mall you might want to turn X-band lower but most good radar detectors seem to have city mode and decent filtering and you shouldn't be speeding there anyway.

I will use my RD as an aid in driving distances since I can't permit another fine and because over here in my hometown the cops get a percentage of bonus for each ticket - some even make over 25% of their paycheck in such bonusses, so they basically do more highway patrols hidden behind rocks and concrete than actual going after the crime (and there isn't any high-leveled crime like bank heists but a lot of junkies and drunks every night with no cops around (because they all sit with their donuts on the hwy)).

A RD isn't a pass to speed and a lot of younger people (I am young myself) don't seem to get that. It's merely a tool you can use where you know it's safe and responsible to drive a bit over the limit like on an open highway or like me in an area they put up 35mph signs just because it's dangerous to go 55mph in winter, in the curves when it's not plowed. But the cops gratefully use that area for catching people. No houses, straight broad roads... 35 or 45mph. And then they even have a single business out there in the woods (for hunters) where it goes 45 - 35 - 45 - 35 in about 1 mile.