Yoda of Radar

Default It's that time of year again...

Now that the snow has melted, the roads are dry, and the sun is hot (currently 29 degrees outside!!!), we are in store for another season of the ticket storm :x

I've already come across a few traps (literally three...), a few people I know have gotten tickets (my grandfather going through Ontario on the 417, 135km/h in a 100), etc.

And so the game begins :? .

Here's the trap I saw today:

Down on the service road on the 40 West, 50km/h limit, around Kirland area. 85th percentile about 80-85km/h. Cop had a black Hyundai Accent pulled over. Radar wasn't operational, didn't detect anything, but he had the lights flashing so no worries. I went past at 60km/h and was still the slowest car on the road even as I passed the cop

Last week:

Down a residential sidestreet. 30km/h school zone limit. School is rather far away and there is never any kids walking around here. Road has good visibility (to an extent), 85th percentile is about 60-70km/h "max speed" (this goes from stop sign to stop sign...). I go about 65-70, this is part of my morning commute. Impala had a dark blue early-1990's Cavalier 2-door pulled. Ka band.

MUC cops though. I did see an SQ over on one provincial highway just waiting on the shoulder with lights on...

Experienced

I know you live in Canada, but still.
    Your snow melts down in mid June?? :wink:

Yoda of Radar

Sounds about right.