Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Laser use in Florida?

I'm curious as to whether or not laser is used often in Florida. I always see joking references in other posts to how much laser is used in florida. However I have never found any real accounts stating whether it is a severe threat in Florida. In the 4 years I had a Cobra RD, I had only two confirmed laser encounters (it never falsed laser). And in the 4 months I've had my 8500 x50 I've only had one laser encounter (false caused by ambulance lights)
    Any thoughts, opinions or experiences would be appreciated.

Advanced Member

To my knowledge FL is buying up laser guns like hotcakes...Also they have bought LaserAtlanta laser guns and when operated in stealth mode they will not alert any radar/laser detector except the V1(due to it's insane sensitivity)....

Where is your detector mounted?
    -If it's high it might miss some alerts

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Where is your detector mounted?
    -If it's high it might miss some alerts
    My detector is mounted halfway up the windshield. But my car sits pretty low. I've resisted mounting it higher because of the uncertainty of laser.

Advanced Member

With out any Laser counter measures, (VEIL or LaserSheild) you might as well mount your detector high due to once your hit with laser you are screwed if speeding. mounted high will give ya more radar range....if you are looking into laser jammers i would suggest the Blinder since it is the only jammer available to jam laseratlanta operated in stealth mode. But if you can't get the laser jammer at least get VEIL and the Laser sheild and mount your detector low on the windshield

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Manufacturer

Leon, from Blinder, is from the east coast of southern Florida.

He tells me that laser is heavily used in his area and I believe they just picked up a bunch of the newer Laser Atlanta S models.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Professional

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...ghlight=#21892

Here's where I posted info about the FHP's purchases of Laser guns.

I've not seen Laser being used in person in my area, but I work from home most days and don't have a daily commute. On the other hand radar is used constantly here.

Ed

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by edweird
    Here's where I posted info about the FHP's purchases of Laser guns.
    Thanks, I remember reading that post. It just didn't say what region of FL they were being used in.

It hadn't bothered be too much until a friend of mine told me what he had been doing the other day. My friend is interning with the Hillsborough County Sherrifs Office. He told me that the officer handed him a laser gun and told him to shoot between the headlights of any car he thought was speeding. I thought oh s*** now even the local leo's have laser guns.

Also, before anyone throws a fit about an untrained laser operator. He said that the leo just used their speeding as an excuse to pull people over and give them tickets on other things. None where for speeding.

Anyway, that is the reason for this post.
    I would love to get a blinder but my wallet wont let me, so are my only other options lasershield (I have no front plate) and VEIL?

Experienced

I lived in Palm Beach County most my life and I personally know that laser is used heavily down their, and on my recent trip down to Florida I was hit twice with laser on the turnpike once in Ocala and the other was around Orlando.

Founder of Stealthvation

Oh yeah Blinderdude has some awesome stories to tell
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Default laser everywhere in florida

west palm and most of state uses either uses prolaser3 or ultralyte/l/r, and around central florida especially cocoa beach florida and melbourne fl, i personally saw the 33.8 pop radar in action and the laser lzstalker lasergun, which thankfully, my bel laserpro 904 jammed down to at least 500 feet without veil, but when i ran into a stalker with veil recently, i jammed to gun and behond in the rear, as i passed i didnt turn off my jammer as he kept aiming at me trying to get me but thankfully i slowed in time and as i passed i saw stalker laser on the gun and once again my bel laserpro 904 saved me with veil i jammed to gun, before, maybe to 500 feet. i may not need the new laserpro 905 if this one keeps working as well as it has.