Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Unconventional unmarked in MA

Got an interesting piece of information from my mom today. Apparently she saw a "little red clunker" with someone pulled over on 190 (runs north from Worcester). To top it off, the trooper was a young-ish woman with a blonde pony tail in plain clothes. There's no question that this was legit because she was out of the car and her gun was clearly visible. This was just a week or so ago.

I'm not gonna lie, if had run into something like this in MA I would have thought long and hard before actually pulling over.

Professional

I don't know what the laws are in other states, but in Michigan, you are not obligated to pull over right away for an unmarked car. You can proceed to a place where there is people around, like a shopping mall or something. At night, proceed to a well lit area where there is people around.

Administrator

Default AZ

Well what Arizona law says is that the patrol car must be fully marked for it to be a violation.

Because of some "cops wanta bes" police depatments all recommend if you are not sure, slow down, pull into public area.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Newcomer

I have also seen this in MA I was driving along and saw a 1985 pick up pulling someone one over with newpapers and coffee mugs on the dash and dressed in plain clothes...They are very very sneaky in MASS.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Brent27
    I have also seen this in MA I was driving along and saw a 1985 pick up pulling someone one over with newpapers and coffee mugs on the dash and dressed in plain clothes...They are very very sneaky in MASS.
    This is too true :?

Radar Fanatic

Where did you see this? This report from my mother was the first time I'd ever heard of something that wasn't a late-model Ford. If this is a more widespread phenomenon then I'm not even sure how to counter it.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Where did you see this? This report from my mother was the first time I'd ever heard of something that wasn't a late-model Ford. If this is a more widespread phenomenon then I'm not even sure how to counter it.
    In Danvers (my home town) if you drive my the barracks on route 62 toward Middleton you'll see three late model 5.0 Mustangs (not sure the year, something like this: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...hp?photo=24946 ). No markings, some a bit beat down. I've never seen them in action, just parked, but i've heard stories of them cruising the highway looking for people in fast cars and then busting them. Like I said, nothing confirmed, but they are definitly there and unless it's just some troopers that all drive mustangs and park next to each other every day, and work 24 hours a day, I couldn't guess who else drives these things.

I'll grab a picture next time I'm home, the parent's office is right next to the barracks.

-Bill

Newcomer

Default MA Statie cars

On Rt. 24 (Boston area and south to Fall River, MA) and Rt. 79 the Staties are using a black Dodge 4-door Intrepid with really blacked out windows. Caught him using Ka several times (the radar gun seems to be mounted inside the vehicle near the back window where the blue/red lights are mounted). Look for a small antenna on the middle of the trunk. There is also an unmarked "run of the mill" looking navy Ford Tarus running Rts. 24 and 128 into & out of Boston. I also have heard of Toyota Camry's and Pick-up trucks being used, but have not seen them yet.

Good Citizen

Default Re: MA Statie cars

Quote Originally Posted by boxster
    On Rt. 24 (Boston area and south to Fall River, MA) and Rt. 79 the Staties are using a black Dodge 4-door Intrepid with really blacked out windows. Caught him using Ka several times (the radar gun seems to be mounted inside the vehicle near the back window where the blue/red lights are mounted). Look for a small antenna on the middle of the trunk. There is also an unmarked "run of the mill" looking navy Ford Tarus running Rts. 24 and 128 into & out of Boston. I also have heard of Toyota Camry's and Pick-up trucks being used, but have not seen them yet.
    Yeah I've seen the Intrepids on 128 and 95 a couple times. Also some similar (blacked out, small antenna) Impala's and Explorers.

Where is MA are you? I live in Boston but work in Foxboro, originally from Danvers.

-Bill

Good Citizen

Default Re: AZ

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    Well what Arizona law says is that the patrol car must be fully marked for it to be a violation.
    Hmm ... what about those dark blue Dodge plain wrappers I see in Scottsdale? Does that mean I can get the ticket dismissed because it was not issued by a marked police car?