Lead Foot

Default SAFETY - THE VERY LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN

Although the majority of this forum is on RD/LD, other hardware and LE tactics, I thought it appropriate to begin a forum on "SAFETY" somewhere in here. If there are any concerns or experiences to include equipment recommedations, please feel free to add. You never know who this info may help.

Lead Foot

Okay, I see a lot of traffic seeing what is being said but no responses. What I hoped to achieve is shared info on safety equipment for road trips, accident avoidance input. Are there any local laws that require specific safety equipment such as road flares vs. warning triangles? How many of you carry 1st aide kits in your cars? Did you know it is a requirement in Europe? Germany I know for sure. What about fire extinguishers?

Lead Foot

I can imagine that. Well, I've had a chance encounter to come across an accident when I was stationed at FT. Lewis, WA; saw a kid on a bike get hit by a motorcycle. I stopped to help out, pulled my 1st aide kit and started evaluating the young boy. His left leg broken at the thigh, other cuts & scrapes, I did what I could to keep him calm and comfy. The motorcycle rider had little to no injuries. Before I knew it paramedics were on the scene. Had they been a while, I'm sure I would have been splinting this kids leg and wrapping his other battle scars.

Sometimes it's not for self but for the next person...