Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Fishers, Indiana 116th Street

I work in the area. Between Allisonville Road and Oleo Road on 116th there is usually quite a lot of police patrols during the day. It's easy to go above the posted speed limit on those roads. Most of it is 40 mph and it has 2 lanes in either direction. They are usually using Ka band but I've been hit with K also.
    They use normal marked cars but also have an unmarked silverish firebird, a black Ford F150 and a dark colored Dodge Charger.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Fishers, Indiana 116th Street

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJeff
    I work in the area. Between Allisonville Road and Oleo Road on 116th there is usually quite a lot of police patrols during the day. It's easy to go above the posted speed limit on those roads. Most of it is 40 mph and it has 2 lanes in either direction. They are usually using Ka band but I've been hit with K also.
    They use normal marked cars but also have an unmarked silverish firebird, a black Ford F150 and a dark colored Dodge Charger.
    Is Ka band a recent addition to Fishers PD arsenal. In the last month or two I have noticed some Ka antennas on the dash of some PD cars. Also I did see their Charger on SR37 once. Does that thing got a Hemi?

It would also be helpful to know which Ka radar they are using.

So they still have the white Camaro? Fortunately they don't work SR37 or I-69 too much south of 116th (Exit 5). Too much traffic for that!

GTO_04

Professional

I'm not sure how to determine which model he has. I have the X50, would knowing the frequency help as I can write it down next time?

The Ka today came from a marked car. I was at 116th by the Marsh ( not at Allisonville, the one East of I69 ) sitting at a light and starting getting the solid signal. Next thing I now I see him driving down the road and passing me by.

And the camero, or firebird, or whatever it is. I think it was a bronzish color but I'm colorblind. We had a truck at work broken in to recently and that's the car they came by here with to take the report.

Old Timer

Default reply

Welcome to the forum JeepinJeff. My suggestion, go into the programming mode of your X50 and put it in Spec or SPC mode to get the exact frequency of the equipment being used. Here is an example of what you will see on k band, k 24.167. This is a useful tool sometimes.

Radar Fanatic

I'm not sure how to determine which model he has. I have the X50, would knowing the frequency help as I can write it down next time?

The Ka today came from a marked car. I was at 116th by the Marsh ( not at Allisonville, the one East of I69 ) sitting at a light and starting getting the solid signal. Next thing I now I see him driving down the road and passing me by.

And the camero, or firebird, or whatever it is. I think it was a bronzish color but I'm colorblind. We had a truck at work broken in to recently and that's the car they came by here with to take the report.
    Knowing the frequency would be very helpful.

Usually the Camaro is only used for traffic. I don't see it very often. It is unmarked but is lit up like a Christmas tree with all the red and blue LEDs when someone is pulled over.

If it has popup headlights, it's a Firebird.

GTO_04

Professional

I'll probably head the direction I usually see them for lunch today. Will post the next time I get a frequency.

Professional

fwiw, I saw a state trooper earlier this week on 465 on the East side around I70 parked on the shoulder against the inside wall on the Northbound side. He was right at a turn so Northbound traffic would have a hard time seeing him. I am fairly certain he was using a laser gun as my detector didn't make a sound as I either approached or drove away from him. The laser alert would only go off if he was shooting directly at me, right?

Radar Fanatic

fwiw, I saw a state trooper earlier this week on 465 on the East side around I70 parked on the shoulder against the inside wall on the Northbound side. He was right at a turn so Northbound traffic would have a hard time seeing him. I am fairly certain he was using a laser gun as my detector didn't make a sound as I either approached or drove away from him. The laser alert would only go off if he was shooting directly at me, right?
    ISP at the Indy post seem to have developed an affinity for laser. Did it look like he was aiming something? Was it a single car or did they have chase cars? If it is a more large scale trap with chase cars you will hear them and get advanced warning with a scanner. Unless you can pick up some scatter or the beam bounces off another car, your laser detection may not pick it up unless you get a direct hit.

It's a good thing we don't have front plates here because they make it easier to target vehicles with laser. ISP has been known to target vehicles from behind with the laser operator standing on a bridge. They like to do that to semis.

GTO_04

Professional

he was definately aiming. Had his head out the window with the gun and aiming backwards at oncoming traffic. It was just him alone, no other chase cars unless they were up ahead sitting on a ramp or something that I didn't see.

I was in my car, had I been on the bike I would have probably taken the exit, turned around, and tested the Blinder.

Old Timer

Default it's

It's nice to pick up laser scatter.