Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default What's up in DFW

Whats up YALL? Hello to everyone in the DFdub. Some of you have met me and for the ones that haven't maybe one day. If I ever do anymore testing we can all get together.

So, for my first post. Cops were out today where I was in Plano and Richardson most of the day but I didn't see much enforcement. I thnk I was in the neighborhoods to much. Also anyone who travels through Plano on Thursday's watch out. That is speed trap day, oops correction it's called selective enforcement. Whatever.

Outrun

Power User

Well I thought I would add some more to the thread here.

Anyone living close to my area or comes through here, here is some info.

Garland: Has traffic officers that work during the weekdays only. From about 7am to 4pm. The mostly shoot laser on George Bush all day.

Richardson: Has traffic officers only working on weekdays also. They usually have 2 bikes and one or 2 unmarked traffic cars. The 2 bike officers move around all day. They will be in one place for a few hours and then move to another one. They do that every day so you never know where they will be next. They also do speed traps or selective enforcement but this has not been done in almost a year. Also in this city just because I said traffic officers that does not mean that the other officers do not right tickets. In fact almost every patrol vehicle has a laser. Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings are the worst time to be speeding through on the service roads of Central.

Plano: The rich city. Some of the patrol have lasers. During the day there are up to 5 to 10 traffic officers. Thursdays is speed trap day and they will some times run these traps at the same time on two different sides of the city. On the weekends I am not sure if traffic officers work or not.

Rowlett: They just got 2 new Harley Road Kings. They are using the Prolite. They also have one traffic vehicle or maybe 2 that are equipped with the Stalker Dual. Watch out.

Murphy. I know they have bike officers and they shoot laser but that is about it.

Sachse: They are suppose to have 2 bike officers but I only see one and I think he only works 3 to 4 days a week. Also he shoots the stalker. But in my experience he does not shoot a lot. More less just moves around all over the place and just kinda picks the gun up from time to time.

Dallas: Who cares about Dallas? lol I won't dog em. I have no Idea how many bike officers they have but I know they for sure have pro 3's but I think they may also have the ultralytes but I have not seen one.

Frisco: I don't know maybe someone can update me.

Allen: I don't know to much but I know they do speed traps and they shoot laser.

Mckinney: I don't know.

Cedar Hill: Someone chime in here on Cedar Hill cause I have heard they are ruff and I just went through there the other day and thought I was going to get a ticket. I almost got caught. They were real sneaky.

Dallas area rapid transit: Ultralyte. Yeah can you believe it. They shoot the HOV lanes sometimes.

That's about all I know. All these cities that I have listed use the ultralyte unless I noted they used something different. I also didn't mention radar cause they all run radar at some point somewhere. OH except for Dallas cause I don't even think they can afford them. Actually I think they have a contract with the constables to do the traffic enforcement. I may update some stuff later like the hot spots for radar and laser when I get around to it.

Speed Demon

great info! thanks alot. im in garland too =)

had a laser encounter at night around 10pm the other day on plano, a little past collins, going north. LEO was hiding in the church parking lot on the right partially behind a hill and trees.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit05

had a laser encounter at night around 10pm the other day on plano, a little past collins, going north. LEO was hiding in the church parking lot on the right partially behind a hill and trees.
    Hey man you have had a few post there. Didn't even know you were in Garland. I am near Beltline and North Garland. Just behind babes chicken.

FYI, I spoke with a Richardson officer and he said that for the rest of this month and maybe next month they are stepping up enforcement on Plano rd from Renner south. All of Renner road and Jupiter all south of Renner rd. Then the usual spots from there.

Also the last laser test that I did was in Richardson on Collins just west of plano road. It's a nice straight shot down through there except for the lights. They shoot laser on there sometimes and the day we did our testing they were there.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by outrun

Hey man you have had a few post there. Didn't even know you were in Garland. I am near Beltline and North Garland. Just behind babes chicken.

FYI, I spoke with a Richardson officer and he said that for the rest of this month and maybe next month they are stepping up enforcement on Plano rd from Renner south. All of Renner road and Jupiter all south of Renner rd. Then the usual spots from there.

Also the last laser test that I did was in Richardson on Collins just west of plano road. It's a nice straight shot down through there except for the lights. They shoot laser on there sometimes and the day we did our testing they were there.
    cool, im pretty clost to you then. im near buckingham and shiloh.

are you talking about collins going west and over 75? i drive that street everyday going to UTD. never had an encounter.

do you know if they shoot anything on 635 between 75 and 121? ive driven that section back and forth so many times and have never come across anything.

Default Re: What's up in DFW

Power User

cool, im pretty clost to you then. im near buckingham and shiloh.

are you talking about collins going west and over 75? i drive that street everyday going to UTD. never had an encounter.

do you know if they shoot anything on 635 between 75 and 121? ive driven that section back and forth so many times and have never come across anything.
    Yeah that is the one. Yeah the day I saw the officer shooting laser there he came over to our test and we talked to him. He said there are not that many speeders on there. I never here them call traffic there either. You better watch out for UTD though. They pulled me over about 8 years ago when I was hauling there. I had the most lame excuse but got out of it. Told them my horse was sick My wife goes to UTD and she never has never been hit going on collins either.

Man I don't travel 635 that much. I do go to the airport now and then. I have heard that Irving will radar or shoot laser on 635 but I have only seen it like once and that was just someone pulled over.

Yeah man you are really close to me. I had no clue. You are the closest person on the board to me. I still can't believe it. I am guessing you live in the apartments that keep changing names. Pavilion? What is it now?

Power User

Default Re: What's up in DFW

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    ...Thursday's watch out. That is speed trap day, oops correction it's called selective enforcement. Whatever.

Outrun
    Hmm...selective enforcement. Now, ain't that a nice and "politically correct" phrase for either "revenue day" or "quota day"! Considering that the local police does this every Thursday, local motorists are likely aware of this and one could argue that "selective enforcement" day is simply a method to raise revenue from unsuspecting out-of-town motorists! Thus the local law enforcement is showing bias towards targeting out-of-town motorists. That would be my argument in court but, being out-of-town, I would just pay the fine and be done with it.

--Michael
    Yeah that is what they call it. They shoot laser all day but it is on those days that it is strictly traffic enforcement of some kind. For example. The last 2 Thursdays they have been doing commercial truck inspections. Means you get waived off the road and they inspect it all and weigh it out. I have never witnessed this but know they do it as I hear it on the scanner.

Here is the real kicker. (I better watch what I say). You won't believe or maybe you will, who they do speed traps on. It's the high school kids. They wait down the street during lunch right them tickets as the come hauling through and then shoot them as they come back. Since 2 of the schools get lunch at the same time they have 2 speed traps working on both sides of the city. Now they don't target them all the time but that is a about a once or twice a month thing.

Here is a typical Thursday. Coffee first. Then the meet up at about 7:00 at an area. Then they shoot laser from 7:15 to 9:15, then they part ways and work traffic on there own till around noon when they hit the schools. Then on a good day they will come back somewhere in the evening and do another speed trap. Now that is a lot for one city.

Power User

Between 2:30 and now 4:00 Richardson is getting all cuddly in the 1200 block of E. Beltline. They have 3 to 4 units making traffic stops. They usually shoot laser right there so I assum that is what they are doing.

Speed Demon

yup, UTD cops are real bastards. they gave me one for 31 in a 20 going down drive A and one to my friend for 26 in a 20....they dont kid around

i actually created a group on facebook called UTD speedtraps where i mark all the speedtraps on campus =P

i actually live in a home =)