Anyone? Post your location!
Anyone? Post your location!
woo woo. lexington.
Staton you are in Lexington?
I thought you were on the east coast like NC or SC or something.
I'm in DE until this weekend then I'm moving back home to KY.
Man I had no idea you were from Kentucky. I was watching American Idol last night from kentucky and they had such an accent.
hahahaha. what part where you in? lexington its there but not that different.
now if you go eastern ky, like pikeville, berea, it gets a little thicker.
I miss it. Everyone up here sounds the same.
My friend sent me this and its so true.
Ur A True Kentuckian If...
1. You can properly pronounce Louisville,
Berea, Frankfort, Boonesborough, Waco, Owsley Co.,
2. A tornado warning siren is your signal to
go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
3. You've ever had to switch from
"heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
4. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
5. Y ou see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
6. You measure distance in minutes.
7. Little Smokies are something you
serve only for special occasions.
8. You go to the lake because you
think it is like going to the ocean.
9. You listen to the weather forecast
before picking out an outfit
10. You know cow-pies are not made of beef.
11.. Someone you know has used a basketball
schedule to plan their wedding date.
12. You have known someone who has had a
belt buckle bigger than your fist.
13. You aren't surprised to find movie rental,
ammunition, and bait all in the same store.
14. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
15. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol;
a Ford F350 4x 4 is.
16. You know everything goes better
with Ranch dressin'.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun
before you learned how to multiply.
18. You actually understand this and you are
"fixin' to" send it to your friends.
19. Finally, you are 100% Kentuckian if you have
ever heard this conversation:
" You wanna coke?" "Yeah."
"What kind?" "Dr. Pepper!"
I miss spoke. I meant I was watching American Idol and saw them doing interviews from Kentucky.
i am like 5-10 miles south of Cincinnati, Ohio...... Buttermilk Pike exit if anyone is familiar with the area....
I'm in Pikeville! The accent really is bad if its up in "hollers" When you get to like downtown pikeville or somewhere.. the majority is as i can say "modernized" now. But the thing about your a true kentuckian if.... Everything said on their I was like "wow thats true" lol But about the accent, the More population of the area the less the accent. My county has 70,000 ppl in it, the city has about 10,000.. So about my guess 50,000 of the ppl here are true plain hillbillies like myself =)
i have cousins down by Fleming Neon and one of them goes to Pikeville College or something like that