Default laser encounter mile marker 675 hwy 401 east

The O.P.P. were busy yesterday .They had 3 laser units on tripods taking readings from cars heading east on 401 near the Mallorytown turn off.This is a real popular spot for this type of activity.I had my sti with me while i was headed towards Kingston kind of expected to see some speed enforcement at this point .No reading from sti west bound,so on the way back I was curious to see how sti did on laser.Now i had a good idea that there trap was still in operation so when i reached mm 672 i slowed to speed limit and stayed behind an 18 wheeler the trailer was dark black ,at mm473 the laser alert went i got over 1.5 km of warning distance
    Now there were 3 laser guns set up so lots for sti to see plus it was probably bouncing off of truck ahead of me. The O.P.P. like their new toys

Radar Fanatic
    WNY (sometimes)

The OPP detachment in that area is notorious for heavy enforcement. It's pathetic at best---you're in the middle of nowhere, on a perfectly flat four-lane highway, with probably the slowest speed limit in the civlized world (100 km/62 mph)....all in the name of safety of course. :roll: