Thread: pop radar

Default pop radar

how does pop work. I understand the basic concept that they cop turns in on you for a second and gets you. But what are the specifics of it. Can the use while driving? In bad weather? And does this usually hold up in court or do they need to lock on you with a radar gun?

Thanks,

Administrator

Default POP

MPH Industries first introduced POP radar technology (also known as the Super Bee) in its radar guns in 1999 as a way to defeat radar detectors. Today MPH's radar guns while operating in POP mode, can defeat over 85% of the radar detectors in use today.

POP mode works by sending out a quick burst of pulse radar at approximately 67 milliseconds. MPH Industries admits that while in this mode, that the displayed speed of a vehicle may not be accurate. They recommend that the officer only use this mode to obtain an estimate of speed from the target vehicle. And then switch to normal mode to obtain the exact speed.

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...op-testing.asp
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Lead Foot

Roy, what is the approximate transfer time between setting the unit from POP mode to standard and the speed reading going from an estimated to actual lock-on reading? Is it instantaneous or is there a power build-up delay from the gun?

Administrator

Default POP

Not sure if I understand your question, but I will try

On the dash mounted MPH POP gun, it has a remote. If you set it into POP mode, it will shoot POP twice and then automatically switch to normal mode. The officer can also switch for POP to normal on the remote, takes just a press of a button.

Radar and laser can both be effected by rain, laser more then radar.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Default pop radar

Roy i have heard that POP can only be used while the cop is sitting still. Is this true or can they use the pop while moving. Whats the truth on that rummor I heard?

Radar Fanatic

Roy clarified that on another part of the forum today. It's near the end of the page.
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...r=asc&start=15