Default Chicagoland Area LEOs

I'm about to pick up my first RD and I was curious as to what the LEOs were using in this area. I live on the south side of Chicago (bout 15 min. from the loop near hyde park). I regularly go to the NW suburbs via 90 or 290 and I was wondering what kinda stuff the LEOs in this area are using. I also go back and forth to notre dame (south bend, in) for school through the school year via the skyway, whats goin on there?

Thanks!

Professional

K, Ka, Laser. lake shore drive sees mostly Ka, with some occasional Laser. within the city, there are saturation patrols of Laser, using ProLaser 3. the suburbs (northern, mostly) have anything and everything from K, Ka, and Laser also.

I live in Hyde Park, so I see my share of LEOs on LSD, 55, 290, 90/94. Lots of Ka, LSD gets good share of Laser. WATCH OUT FOR THE MOTORCYCLE COP(s) on the 90/94 and 55. You can't see that booger and he is good.

Old Timer

Default for sure

K, Ka, Laser, this is for sure. Now, suburbs such as Stickney, Crestwood, and Aurora still use X band so watch out. While driving in Indiana, the Indiana state police still run X band but only on occasions (to try and fool you), so my suggestion while driving in Indiana is, turn X band on. Also Freeport IL and Orangeville IL still use X band.

So looks like you if you are driving through a broke a$$ suburb, X-band is still very likely. Great... now I have to go back and turn it back on.

Old Timer

Default well

That's kind of a tossup you know. Probably depends on which towns you drive through there. I came through Aurora IL yesterday, and I didn't see any x band in use. Also keep in mind, you never know when they will drag it out of the closet. What rd are you using? I would use the filter mode for x band, less of a hassle.