Speed Demon

Default PA: Operation Yellow-Jacket in Western PA

http://kdka.com/local/Operation.Yell....2.631075.html

In addition to PSP patrol cars, you may want to treat the PennDOT trucks as bad mojo too...

Old Timer

PA :x

Default radar

Looks like in the video the officer was holding down the trigger of his radar gun, clocking every single car.

Prolly provides a good warning to anybody with a half decent radar detector.

Speed Demon

cool vid!

i agree with speedingvolvo..

Professional

Geez, how original.

"It's kind of a surprise when they're passing a PennDOT truck and not thinking anything of it," said Bondarenka. "A half mile up the road they see a fleet of cars waiting for them to catch them. It kind of surprises people."
    Lame :roll:

Mobile Installer

awsome why cant they do this stuff in nj area o and by the way the one penndot truck the guy in the front seat was using a Genesis Handheld Directional k-band gun very easy to pick up wit the v1 !
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Professional

yeah, the only people "surprised" by this revolutionary trap are those challenged by reality :roll: I have no doubt he could spend the entire month there grabbing people. BFD. Any sane high-roller will sniff this lameness out miles away.

Good Citizen

Any sane high-roller will sniff this lameness out miles away.
    Probably so, but people on this forum tend to take their driving more seriously and don't "drive distracted" by reading, hair fixing, radio tuning, or talking on the phone (especially without handsfree!)

Those who are "surprised" by such a tactic are exactly the ones that need to be nailed: blissfully unaware of what's going on around them while speeding. I certainly don't have a problem with this PSP "operation," which they've been doing for several years now. I suppose the only downside is the "canary in a coalmine" driver who saw the news bit or read the article and will add any PennDOT truck they see to their list of things to unnecessarily brake for. :roll:

Power User

Yeah seeing a Penn Dot Truck parked on the side of the roads is unusually, see a number of trucks is normal. So that would have set warnings in my head.

The police have been doing this stuff for a while in PA. I have seen them use use a dump truck and even have a number of trucks with one of the roadside drones which if you were not paying attention you would think the radar source was coming from the roadside sign attached to the truck only to find out there was an officer in the truck.

Well I hope people who got nailed with this trap come here to learn that both officers must show up and the fact that the officer with gun had no idea who was speeding since he could not see behind him that clearly since the gun was blocking the mirror.

Notice he called out the once car after it passed him, so he is just assuming.

That news article gave any person enough reasonable doubt that they had not idea who was speeding.