Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default NJSP I/O KA on 280, Laser on 80

I was hit with a full blast of Instant ON KA by State police yesterday. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that even though they do use X band A LOT, they still use other bands and this was the first time I was hit by NJSP with KA. He hit me in a median on 280 east just after the exit of Eisenhower Parkway. Luckily I was not speeding because I always slow down in that area since they are known to hide in the medians or sit in the shoulders waiting for someone.

Also, I was traveling on Route 80 East after the exit of Hibernia/Rockaway (not sure the exit #) and a NJSP was sitting in the shoulder with his door half way open, still sitting in his seat and a handheld laser unit in his hand. I was hit with laser doing 80mph on a 65mph and I was so scared he would come after me. He did not pull out so I guess he was looking for other people. I could not see him before hand in the shoulder because the way the road was curved, as soon as you pass the curve and go straight, he would see you first.

Mobile Installer

nice info i dont drive out that way but will be on the look out for that area ..seems like the njsp are using stalker..good stuff about time!
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Professional

Good info, thanks a lot. I have yet to encounter live Ka in NJ, but at least I won't ignore it now if I get a strong alert.

Mobile Installer

there is tons of ka in nj burlngton township has it florence township bordentown the list goes on i pretty much know of all deparments in nj what they got not even looking at there units all i have to do is look at the radardetector in tech mode and thats it..any one have any more info they want hit me up out there to help out others wit info in your area!
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Radar Fanatic

Last time I got a Ka hit in NJ, it was 33.8 from a trooper. It was mp 45 on Rte. 287. That was 6 months ago. Maybe they have made their decision as far as which radar to use? Run em in tech mode and let us know.

Mobile Installer

33.8 sounds like mph beeIII radar unit wit pop....hum not sure tho sounds rite to me.

Good Citizen

ok guys, every time i travel 80east or 80west i receive a X band alert shown in the red box on the picture. for those that cant tell, this is the area of 80 near the willowbrook mall in wayne. what it does it gives me a 1 bar then 2 bar alert then ramps to full as i go through the box and trails off as i leave the box. has anyone else experienced this? all the times i go through, there is no cop/trooper anywhere to be seen. i have slowed down everytime looking for any kind of source in which i cant find anything. what could this be? anyone have any idea? this is driving me crazy! haha btw, i am running an 8500x50.

Radar Fanatic

Any chance they have a "blank" speed sign on the off ramp? I know there is one at the I80-I287 interchange. It is X band.

Good Citizen

hmm that is a good question KaPro. i have never used that off-ramp as i have no need to exit there but i think the next time through i may have to check that. or if someone from the area knows for certain, they can confirm/deny.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by acura_driver
    ok guys, every time i travel 80east or 80west i receive a X band alert shown in the red box on the picture. for those that cant tell, this is the area of 80 near the willowbrook mall in wayne. what it does it gives me a 1 bar then 2 bar alert then ramps to full as i go through the box and trails off as i leave the box. has anyone else experienced this? all the times i go through, there is no cop/trooper anywhere to be seen. i have slowed down everytime looking for any kind of source in which i cant find anything. what could this be? anyone have any idea? this is driving me crazy! haha btw, i am running an 8500x50.

Yeah I don't know the exact reason but my V1 also alerts me not in that same exact spot but very close. Also, I only get about 1-2 bars of alert and never goes full strength. Since you have the X50 you don't have the arrows but my V1's arrows go forward, side, back and then alert goes away pretty quickly. It happens in a lot of spots not only on 80, but pretty much all major highways. If you travel on 280 (my main drive), you'll get it a lot but its usually around exits which probably means its coming from like local streets or so.