Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default New York and Vermont

    Any expierences in these states or is there a site i can go to that will tell me what threats to look out for?

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    you can always try the speedzones site...

  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    New York State .....Troopers use Dual Stalker Ka band........and a lot of it, every car is equipped with radar, heavy enforcement between Rochester and Albany on interstate. Good Ka detector is a must.
    They are relentless. NY State also use a lot of speed/information signs that emit a strong K signal. Very annoying.
    Vermont Ka and K band, not nearly as agressive as New York State.
    Vermont is a mountainess state, where as upper NY sate is flat and the interstate is is good repair......speeding is very tempting.

  4. #4
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    There are some really nice twisties in Vt. Not always high-speed, but more fun the faster you go It's really a beautiful countryside, and it's very odd when you see another car like yours pass you going the other way...

    I never see (original) Saab 900's anywhere. But cross into Vt and you will see a very very small number of Saab 900's! :? Usually the only one I'll see are mine.

  5. #5
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    New York State .....Troopers use Dual Stalker Ka band........and a lot of it, every car is equipped with radar, heavy enforcement between Rochester and Albany on interstate. Good Ka detector is a must.
    They are relentless. NY State also use a lot of speed/information signs that emit a strong K signal. Very annoying.
    Vermont Ka and K band, not nearly as agressive as New York State.
    Vermont is a mountainess state, where as upper NY sate is flat and the interstate is is good repair......speeding is very tempting.
    Now I'm definitely thinking that might need the rx65 back since i go to school in near that area and i am consistently on the throughway , but i think 4miles is a good enough reading with the 995, I'll take it easy on the way up to really see my threats

    Well yeah i know the highways are in good condition, coming home one night from school back to the island the kid i was with was doing 80-100 the whole trip, got a plane caught us at 90mph, he got it down to 10 over in traffic court with a lawyer

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  6. #6
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    There are some really nice twisties in Vt. Not always high-speed, but more fun the faster you go It's really a beautiful countryside, and it's very odd when you see another car like yours pass you going the other way...

    I never see (original) Saab 900's anywhere. But cross into Vt and you will see a very very small number of Saab 900's! :? Usually the only one I'll see are mine.
    My sister had one problem was it was a 3 sp automatic, the thing couldn't make it up some hills, i really liked my dad's 5spd 900 that thing was fun 240k miles

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  7. #7
    Manufacturer
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    crazyVOLVOrob,

    During my frequent commutes to Troy, NY in the 80's instant-on K ruled on the Thruway and Northway (watchout particularly in Glen Falls around Saratoga).

    My last trip as part of our radar detector comparison we encountered Ka.

    The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

    Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

    Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

    Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

  8. #8
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    crazyVOLVOrob,

    During my frequent commutes to Troy, NY in the 80's instant-on K ruled on the Thruway and Northway (watchout particularly in Glen Falls around Saratoga).

    My last trip as part of our radar detector comparison we encountered Ka.

    The Veil Guy 8)
    thank ya much

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

  9. #9
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    There are some really nice twisties in Vt. Not always high-speed, but more fun the faster you go It's really a beautiful countryside, and it's very odd when you see another car like yours pass you going the other way...

    I never see (original) Saab 900's anywhere. But cross into Vt and you will see a very very small number of Saab 900's! :? Usually the only one I'll see are mine.
    My sister had one problem was it was a 3 sp automatic, the thing couldn't make it up some hills, i really liked my dad's 5spd 900 that thing was fun 240k miles

  10. #10
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern MA
    Posts
    10,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    New York State .....Troopers use Dual Stalker Ka band........and a lot of it, every car is equipped with radar, heavy enforcement between Rochester and Albany on interstate. Good Ka detector is a must.
    They are relentless. NY State also use a lot of speed/information signs that emit a strong K signal. Very annoying.
    Vermont Ka and K band, not nearly as agressive as New York State.
    Vermont is a mountainess state, where as upper NY sate is flat and the interstate is is good repair......speeding is very tempting.
    A laser jammer is a must as well[/u]

    Spoiler: show

    Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie from Vermont
    By yellolab in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
  2. Vermont...
    By tosi in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
  3. Vermont?
    By tosi in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
  4. Vermont Pro Laser 3 Contract
    By StlouisX50 in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 12:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •