Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default New York and Vermont

Any expierences in these states or is there a site i can go to that will tell me what threats to look out for?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

you can always try the speedzones site...

Advanced Member

New York State .....Troopers use Dual Stalker Ka band........and a lot of it, every car is equipped with radar, heavy enforcement between Rochester and Albany on interstate. Good Ka detector is a must.
    They are relentless. NY State also use a lot of speed/information signs that emit a strong K signal. Very annoying.
    Vermont Ka and K band, not nearly as agressive as New York State.
    Vermont is a mountainess state, where as upper NY sate is flat and the interstate is is good repair......speeding is very tempting.

Yoda of Radar

There are some really nice twisties in Vt. Not always high-speed, but more fun the faster you go It's really a beautiful countryside, and it's very odd when you see another car like yours pass you going the other way...

I never see (original) Saab 900's anywhere. But cross into Vt and you will see a very very small number of Saab 900's! :? Usually the only one I'll see are mine.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    New York State .....Troopers use Dual Stalker Ka band........and a lot of it, every car is equipped with radar, heavy enforcement between Rochester and Albany on interstate. Good Ka detector is a must.
    They are relentless. NY State also use a lot of speed/information signs that emit a strong K signal. Very annoying.
    Vermont is a mountainess state, where as upper NY sate is flat and the interstate is is good repair......speeding is very tempting.
    Now I'm definitely thinking that might need the rx65 back since i go to school in near that area and i am consistently on the throughway , but i think 4miles is a good enough reading with the 995, I'll take it easy on the way up to really see my threats

Well yeah i know the highways are in good condition, coming home one night from school back to the island the kid i was with was doing 80-100 the whole trip, got a plane caught us at 90mph, he got it down to 10 over in traffic court with a lawyer

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    There are some really nice twisties in Vt. Not always high-speed, but more fun the faster you go It's really a beautiful countryside, and it's very odd when you see another car like yours pass you going the other way...

I never see (original) Saab 900's anywhere. But cross into Vt and you will see a very very small number of Saab 900's! :? Usually the only one I'll see are mine.
    My sister had one problem was it was a 3 sp automatic, the thing couldn't make it up some hills, i really liked my dad's 5spd 900 that thing was fun 240k miles

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Manufacturer

crazyVOLVOrob,

During my frequent commutes to Troy, NY in the 80's instant-on K ruled on the Thruway and Northway (watchout particularly in Glen Falls around Saratoga).

My last trip as part of our radar detector comparison we encountered Ka.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    crazyVOLVOrob,

During my frequent commutes to Troy, NY in the 80's instant-on K ruled on the Thruway and Northway (watchout particularly in Glen Falls around Saratoga).

My last trip as part of our radar detector comparison we encountered Ka.

The Veil Guy 8)
    thank ya much

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr

My sister had one problem was it was a 3 sp automatic, the thing couldn't make it up some hills, i really liked my dad's 5spd 900 that thing was fun 240k miles

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by the horn13
    A laser jammer is a must as well[/u]

Scanner-RS Pro-96