Advanced Member

Default CT State Police use Marksman 20-20.

Yup... Got popped yesterday morning by a CT statie using a LTI Marksman 20-20 on I91 south between exit 37 and 36. Perpendicular to the road on the right. Came up over a slight hill and there he was at the top. I saw him slightly before he shot me. The LI performed flawlessly. I was targetted within 250 ft and he got nothing. Up until now, I and many others were under the impression that the CTSP used the Stalker LZ1 and LTi Ultralyte exclusively. I've seen them using those two on several occassions in the past but yesterday was the first time I've seen the trusty old Marksman used.

Anyone travelling through CT on the section of 91 north or south between downtown Hartford and the MA line, use caution. Statie presence has been very strong for the last two months. It's usually a death trap late at night, but now it is a regular thing to see them between 6am and 4pm.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

I just got tagged between exit 9 and 11 on i95 northbound last week between 9-10PM.

The statey's are our out, our lovely gov has voted to put out more traffic units to patrol the freeways and is even looking to do speed cams!!!

if you have a digital scanner that has the close call feature, the ct staty's traffic unit will display traffic a and traffic b depending on which troop you are closest too. Whenever you see these on your scanner beware they are close!

Thanks for the laser gun confirmation, i've been wondering for a while which guns they actually use.

Old Timer

it seems laser is getting bigger and bigger every day

Lead Foot

Yep, I've been lasered on all the CT highways. The only time I've seen CSP with radar was off the highway on a side road, K-band. Detectors are basically useless for CT highways...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jwardell
    Yep, I've been lasered on all the CT highways. The only time I've seen CSP with radar was off the highway on a side road, K-band. Detectors are basically useless for CT highways...
    I agree fully. I saw kband once from
    a trooper on 95 but other then that all lidar. I also got hit with a Lti gun on 91 luckily I jammed. I was going quite fast and it was dark I didn't even see him till I was down to PSL with jammers switched off.

Old Timer

good save...he must have been pissed

Banned

I find it pretty amazing how much laser people see in CT, i have lived here for over 5 years and have been driving in the area for 15 and only had 2 laser hits here, and tether of them were on the highway.
    Most encounters i see are KA 34.7, granted it’s usually in the Danbury to Stamford back road area.

You guys really got me thinking i need a Jammer. Maybe i will pick up a ZR4.