Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Power User

Default LIDAR coming to PA

Guys, looks like PA is adding the provision to use LIDAR for the PSP

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=1179&pn=1594

This Bill is as of Nov 30 2007 and the first time LIDAR is specifically mentioned. This too does not look like it was approved yet.

I while back I found mention of LIDAR in the testing and cal Section 105 of the PA codes but never seen any other reference to it.

http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/dat...5-51/2316.html

Looks like we have more threats to deal with.

Professional

**** damn piss mother****er

I will be watching this closely. Is the LPP a decent LJ?

Will GOL will have a laser jammer test soon?

According to the Bill, the locals can use lidar too :shock: :shock: :shock:

This line made me laugh:
    Excess revenues.--The primary use of radar or LIDAR by local or regional police officers of political subdivisions authorized under subsection (c) is for traffic safety purposes.

Are any of the guns listed on this site lidar guns: http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/dat...7-52/2422.html ?

Here are the approved IACP lidar guns: http://www.theiacp.org/profassist/lidarcpl.pdf

Old Timer

the lpp is a good jammer but i would wait and see how the zr4 does when it comes out in mid april

Professional

Do you know anything else about the zr4? Cost?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by mikered30
    Do you know anything else about the zr4? Cost?

Between $400 and $500. Review coming soon from Roy. Right now it is only being sold with the 9500ci ($1,600) but that is supposed to end soon so you can buy it directly.

Newcomer

oh ohhh lol this is very very bad news for me haha if just psp i could deal with it but local leos also :roll: great....

Speed Demon

Its use is probably only going to be limited to the PSP troops near the turnpike, Harrisburg, and eastern PA due to the costs.

The locals won't get lidar because they wouldn't be able to afford it.

Old Timer

well i guess we just have to jam them now [/code]

Default PA

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
    Its use is probably only going to be limited to the PSP troops near the turnpike, Harrisburg, and eastern PA due to the costs.

They may receive funding for it though. Recently, local PA police departments have been awarded some kind of grants that let them buy $4000 ENRADD units. If they can manage this, laser guns are a fraction of that cost. And many local police will really want laser guns since they are not allowed to use radar.

Let me make sure - this bill didn't pass yet right?? When/if do you guys think this will pass?

It is also interesting that the bill says an officer running radar must not sit in a spot that is intentionally concealed from the motoring public. Does this mean they are not allowed to hide?!

Professional

Default Re: PA

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedingVolvo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk243

They may receive funding for it though. Recently, local PA police departments have been awarded some kind of grants that let them buy $4000 ENRADD units. If they can manage this, laser guns are a fraction of that cost. And many local police will really want laser guns since they are not allowed to use radar.

Let me make sure - this bill didn't pass yet right?? When/if do you guys think this will pass?

It is also interesting that the bill says an officer running radar must not sit in a spot that is intentionally concealed from the motoring public. Does this mean they are not allowed to hide?!
    It did not pass yet. If it does pass, which could be sometime this year before they go on recess, it will be in the news when it passes, and then we have 120 days to install a jammer, according to the bill. The GOL laser test should be out soon, so that can help us pick a jammer. I am looking at the LPP, but is costs too much, hopefully the GOL tests will shed some light on other good LJs. The bill does not say what laser guns they will be allowed to use, that would be very helpful when deciding on a jammer. I do not see them banning the use of LJs now, but maybe later when jammers finally catch on.

There was a bill last year, HB 1957, that wanted local cops to use radar, I wonder if the laser bille will be "better" to the legislators since laser can be used by locals? Either way, there are a lot of bills in the house and senate, and it is only a matter of time before local cops can use radar/laser, if not this year, most likely next year.

Here is house bill 1957: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=1957&pn=2715