Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Does Texas have POP radar?

I want to know if any POP radar is used in Texas? Iwant to find out if i can turn pop off on my detectors. False alerts arnt bad but it would false tremendously less if I turned off POP.

Newcomer

yes i plano pd and also texas state troopers use POP

Professional

Thanks for all the info. Looks like im going to keep the pop on.

Professional

I dont believe Troopers use PoP bigmike. They use Instant On for sure but not necassarily PoP. That PoP tip in Plano was a false it was later determined. For sure, the only state that has PoP guns is New York in believe. Somone correct me here if I'm wrong.

Newcomer

POP = Instant On.....

Professional

You sir are incorrect. PoP mode is a patented mode in which a specific brand of radar unit (MPH Industries) operates in such a way that the officer tells the unit to POP someone. The unit then automatically turns itself on for approximately 67 ms and then off again, faster than humanly possible, rendering it almost impossible to detect by all but the highest end detectors such as the Belscorts RX65, V995 and X50 as well as the venerable V1.

MPH has released such devices in K and Ka bands.

Instant on is the most commonly used meathod in which state police use radar in the state of Texas. This involves an officer manually turning the radar on and off at irregular intervals for around 1 second apiece.

PoP mode has showed inconsistencies in accuracy and states in the manual that tickets MAY NOT be issued while using this mode. Instant on is very deadly in a sense that it is COMPLETELY legal and is almost always 100% as accurate as radar used in Constant on mode.

The advantage to Instant On? Drivers don't hear about the Trooper until he is power-sliding in the median turning around the other direction coming to get you. That is, of course, if you don't have a rabbit.

Speed Demon

I am pretty sure some places use it in Tx. Me personally...wouldnt worry about it. Turn it off on your daily commutes to work etc.. Turn it on while on a road trip.

Falses occur when there is a leaky detector (cobras) They wont happen as much on the freeway if you are unaware if that city etc uses it.

Banned

I'm pretty sure Roy told us POP was in TX. I turn the POP mode off because the falses drive me crazy on the X50. On my V1 I leave the POP on because it doesn't false on it for some reason.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    I'm pretty sure Roy told us POP was in TX. I turn the POP mode off because the falses drive me crazy on the X50. On my V1 I leave the POP on because it doesn't false on it for some reason.
    Doesnt the V1 just alert you of a K or KA whether its a PoP or not? I have never owned a V1 so I wouldnt know. If it does Im guess you dont get many falses on K and KA....cause if it were an X50 and the PoP falses showed up as either a K or KA, you would be disgusted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CLTX11
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Doesnt the V1 just alert you of a K or KA whether its a PoP or not? I have never owned a V1 so I wouldnt know. If it does Im guess you dont get many falses on K and KA....cause if it were an X50 and the PoP falses showed up as either a K or KA, you would be disgusted.
    The V1 doesn't say "POP" on a pop alert. I just alerts full boar. I get very few falses on my 3.825 and I've never had a real threat "j" out.