Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Founder of Stealthvation

Default Laser Card Trick??

Well,

Today I was talking to my one police officer friend and he told me that he uses a card (from a deck of cards) when he is lasering people. He told me that he holds the trigger down while blocking the laser with a card and locks in on a car then removes the card to get a reading. He told me that this allows him to have more stability with his laser and minimizes the chances of his laser being detected. He also told me that he has a low powered radar gun by his side just in case he can not get a reading on a particular vehicle. He told me that this is the way he would handle my jammer.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

You should have just told him that you'd know enough to slow down once your jammer gave off a warning and so his low powered radar gun would in no way "handle" your jammer.
    Richard

Founder of Stealthvation

Why should I tell him that? Let him think that this works. I do not want him to come up with better ideas to counter act us.

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Newcomer

You can't lock onto a car with the Laser unless it's being transmitted; and the motion of removing the card would be enough to slightly change his aim.

Of course, better for us, let him think it's a great idea....

Old Timer

Default Re: Laser Card Trick??

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Well,

Today I was talking to my one police officer friend and he told me that he uses a card (from a deck of cards) when he is lasering people. He told me that he holds the trigger down while blocking the laser with a card and locks in on a car then removes the card to get a reading. He told me that this allows him to have more stability with his laser and minimizes the chances of his laser being detected. He also told me that he has a low powered radar gun by his side just in case he can not get a reading on a particular vehicle. He told me that this is the way he would handle my jammer.
    If he is blocking the laser, how does he expect to get a lock on you?

Founder of Stealthvation

He can get a lock but can not get a reading until he removes the card from the "laser eye"

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

I bet if this was brought up in court someone could prove that it affects laser accuracy. Roy, you know people in the industry. Care to ask one of the laser developers if this constitutes improper use?
    Richard

Administrator

Default In The Manual

He would get torn up in court if he ever admitted to run laser in this fashion, no where in any training material or manual is this the recommended way to use laser.

I expect that he just "forgets" about this method when he gets on the stand and explains the way he locked the speed...
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Founder of Stealthvation

Oh he was pretty cocky about it also. He got defensive with me when I told him that I am so glad that I got blinder and the Veil. He told me "those things do not work they are junk"

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Oh he was pretty cocky about it also. He got defensive with me when I told him that I am so glad that I got blinder and the Veil. He told me "those things do not work they are junk"
    Put some money on the table, just be like "set up a trap, I'll fly by you, and if it gets me on any of my x passes you win".