Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got Lasered for the first time by CHP!!!!!!

I recently moved to norrthern california about 5 months ago. i make frequent trips back home to my parents house in southern california. i decided to get a radar detector about 3 months ago after i got nailed on the I-5 heading back to so cal. i currently have a passport X50 and love it it has saved me many times as i would get KA alerts from about 1.5 miles. I was heading to oakland airport 3 days ago on I-80 near dixon when i was speeding in lane 3 when i noticed 2 parked cars on the right side of the road. i got a wierd feeling and slowed down b/c i have seen CHP do this. as soon as i slowed down my radar detector goes off like crazy with LASER. i passed the cops only to discover there were 2 cops one shooting laser and the other ready to chase the unlucky car. i was just wondering when the hell did CHP get Laser b/c i have only seen mostly KA chp. if CHP do use Laser i would like to know what areas use them so i can be extra careful as with laser if your detector goes off it pretty much means u been nailed.

well this is just an addition to my previous post just goes to confirm what happened to me.

http://<a href="http://www.sfgate.co...CG7E19.DTL</a>

it would be nice if i could get some more details on what agencies and areas use laser in california.

looks like it is time for me to get some true laser defense any suggestions?

Founder of Stealthvation

Whooo they are trying out their lasers. Lasers are SO effective as long as they do not meet the mighty Blinder and Veil
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

The CHP started using LIDAR in Solano county, so all of you folks traveling on I-80 in that area, get ready! :wink:

I'm just curious, did you have enough time to react?

I haven't seen LASER in Nor Cal all that often, maybe 3 times so far, not alot of local departments use it....yet...mostly used are the K and Ka, and those are much easier to defeat.

Too bad laser jamming isn't legal in CA, otherwise the ZR3 would be on my holiday shopping list.

How do you like the X50? I've just sold my 8500, my X50 will be here in 2 days.

I love the X50, has saved me many times. As for the reaction time for the Laser kinda hard to say because i was going 95 in the slow lane at night when i noticed 2 cars parked up on the side far ahead. I decided to slow down b/c i got a wierd feeling and as soon as i slowed to 75 my RD went off. I would advise restraint going thru Solano County b/c if your RD goes off LASER probably means you been painted allready. As for the ZR3 i belive it is legal to jam laser in california. jamming radar is illegal. I go to UC Davis so i travel back to southern california every 2 weeks. i encounter MANY CHP as i drive down the I-80 and I-5. Seems that most CHP on the drive towards Los Angeles only use KA band. The CHP are getting harder to spot visually these days. The patrol cars are not the usual black and whites anymore. I am starting to see many white cruisers with no light bars and interceptor camero's. My X50 usually gives me a very long magin to react to there radar guns at many times 2 miles. I have started to use expert mode were it displays the freq. I have started to recognize the CHP freqs they use in this area. One freq I encounter alot is 34.704 KA. I had a question about the freqs on the radar guns they use here. The freq seems to toogle between 2 different numbers for the cop cars. I thought radar guns only shoot at one freq what could this be? One word to the wise u can pretty much speed all the way thru the I-5 with a RD but be VERY careful in the grapevine pass thru the mountains coming out in magic mountain area. COP CITY. (encountered 7 CHP just thru this area)

Banned

Luckily the Kustom Pro Laser dominates the market share for laser guns and it just so happens the PL3 is the easiest to jam.

The second company with the largest market share is LTI and they are neck and neck with stalker as the hardest gun to jam.

Chris

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Luckily the Kustom Pro Laser dominates the market share for laser guns and it just so happens the PL3 is the easiest to jam.

The second company with the largest market share is LTI and they are neck and neck with stalker as the hardest gun to jam.

Chris
    Chris,

I would love to get a hold of an LTI gun. It might just happen. The Ohio Patrol uses this gun and from everything that I read it is VERY difficult to jam. I would like to see how my Blinder would perform against this gun
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

edit.
    Last edited by th3 factory freak; 01-29-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Lead Foot

A local PD that I pass through occassionally uses a similar tactic. Officers sit in parked cruisers right in front of the station hoping people will think that nobody is inside. An instant on k band surprise is what people get that have not heard of this "trap" or fail to slow down in time. It is also right in a spot where the speed limit drops from 35 to 20 so they nail a lot of people there.

Default CHP Using LIDAR on Hwy. 85

I have also been painted with LIDAR by the CHP on Southbound Hwy. 85 at Hwy. 17.

Typically, it is a motorcycle unit(s) located in the center divide hiding (literally) in the shadow of the intersection underneath the Hwy. 17 overpass [next to Good Samaritan Hospital].

Motorist Beware !!!

~Vaughn~