Lead Foot

Default check your rear in Florida!

I was traveling I-75 northbound the other night in the Gainesville area when after passing under an overpass my V1 gave me a lazer alert! Since my dual LE-30 didn't go off I suspected a rear shot. Looking around I found the culprit...a silver FHP car sitting off to the side of the "on" ramp shooting people in the rear as they went by. Luckily for me I just happened to be going the speed limit.

Watch out!

Radar Fanatic

This is the second post I've seen on the .net today about laser shots from the rear. I'm starting to wonder how I could stealthily mount a Lidatek head on the rear of my car. Of course, that would involve investing in a jammer to begin with...

They got me with a rear laser shot on I-10 W headed toward Tallahassee last week. Next up: purchase laser jammer.

FWIW, my V1 didn't alert at all on it.

Longsnowsm

cmdrstask, Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear about your ticket. How far away was the LEO at the time he shot you? Tell us more about the encounter.

Longsnowsm

Radar Fanatic

thats not good.... i would hope the cop would be seen before he can shoot you, i guess if he is on a ramp he cant be seen

i do get paranoid at times and look at the on ramps when i pass it

Good Citizen

brick... about rear mounting, check and see if you can get to where the light for the license plate is. i used the screws and screw holes from that to mount the bracket. took alot of work but its set and level and cleaned up.

http://community.webshots.com/album/413619647RQBqMP

Speed Demon

I always slow down for exits. Thats a good hiding place for LEO's!

Good Citizen

Default rear in florida comment

get a laserpro 905 which includes rear capabilities. i too live in florida and have got hit from the rear several times from bikes. Once my laserpro 904 went off frontal alert so i slow down, sure enough i pass at 10 pm at night, 5 motorcycle bikes using laser, as i slowed, i kept jamming him because it was dark and i was scared and didnt ever get hit by night until then. as i pass him, i jammed him so he looks at me hard then aims his laser gun to my rear and it went off probably cause he got no reading on my car so he may have checked if i was using a jammer so he aimed at my backside on my celica gts, in almost 4 years, never one laser ticket since the bel laserpro 905 along with the bel 995.

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
    cmdrstask, Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear about your ticket. How far away was the LEO at the time he shot you? Tell us more about the encounter.

Longsnowsm
    I don't know exactly how far he was, but it was close.

I was westbound on I-10 near Tallahassee. I looked over at an onramp that was hidden from oncoming traffic (angling up to join the interstate) and saw two cops sitting there. I had been crusing around 90, and as soon as I saw them I slowed down to 70. The state trooper said he clocked me at 88 and 84, so it looks to me like they were hitting me as soon as I was even with the onramp, or about 1/4 mile away from the cop cars. I got the ticket for 84.