Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    O'FALLON, MISSOURI
    Posts
    15,630

    Default Missouri State Hiding Behind K Band Speed Sign Using KA

    Missouri State Highway Patrol, Loves to sit behind the Highway Department Signs that read - Speed Limit 55 - Your Speed ?? . K band drone.

    They must get many speeders as you would expect because of the K band signal blocking its KA signal on old or cheap detectors. Running on Experianced mode you can clearly see and hear what he's doing.

    Hiding his signal. This is around Troy, Missouri where these drones have been for years. If you are ever up in this area, I'd turn off your K band and leave KA on. Just so you won't be annoyed by these signs and can get a true detection.


    Area of Radar - Troy, Missouri (St. Louis Metro) Highway 40-61.
    MJ - Thanks for alerting me of how the State works by this method, I was recently riding my FZ6 at about 120MPH and when i came to the area I was cautious.

    Jason - STLOUISx50
    Laser Interceptor Dual, Laser Interceptor Quad, Valentine 1 & The Escort 8500 X50 - Blue, Uniden BC296D, GRE500, Lasershield, 2011 Kia Soul +, Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Black Dodge Neon SRT-4,


  2. #2
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elkhart, IN
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Missouri State Hiding Behind K Band Speed Sign Using KA

    Quote Originally Posted by StlouisX50
    Missouri State Highway Patrol, Loves to sit behind the Highway Department Signs that read - Speed Limit 55 - Your Speed ?? . K band drone.
    I've heard about this before but have never seen it until today. On the West end of the Indiana Toll Road, 1 mile before the toll booth, there is a sign as you've described, and this time there was a LEO. It was good I had my X50 in expert mode as I saw both a K and an X this time.

  3. #3
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: Missouri State Hiding Behind K Band Speed Sign Using KA

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy173
    Quote Originally Posted by StlouisX50
    Missouri State Highway Patrol, Loves to sit behind the Highway Department Signs that read - Speed Limit 55 - Your Speed ?? . K band drone.
    I've heard about this before but have never seen it until today. On the West end of the Indiana Toll Road, 1 mile before the toll booth, there is a sign as you've described, and this time there was a LEO. It was good I had my X50 in expert mode as I saw both a K and an X this time.
    Which was X band, ISP or the speed sign? I'm guessing the speed sign was K band.

    I've seen IPD (Indianapolis) do the same thing with their speed sign, only they use motorcycle cops. They park their bikes around the corner from Meridian St. a couple of blocks after the speed sign. They stand behind a telephone pole with instant on K band radar. They are waving cars over onto the side street to get their payin' paper. Since everyone is on the side street, you can't see what is going on until you're right on top of it.

    Thank God for V1 and the bogey counter!

    GTO_04

  4. #4
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elkhart, IN
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Missouri State Hiding Behind K Band Speed Sign Using KA

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04

    Which was X band, ISP or the speed sign? I'm guessing the speed sign was K band.
    You got it right. I didn't remember until I came back through and the sign was definitely K. Same in IL and MO. All the signs I came across were all K also.

    I've been noticing a lot more signs lately that just give info, not speed, and have a K radar mounted on them. Why didn't they ever institute the Safety Alert system?

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Yeah, I've seen this tactic used in my area once before. A few months ago I was on my way to work and got a K band alert.... stronger.... stonger... full alert. Then I saw it was coming from a speed sign under the overpass. So I began to speed back up to cruising speed (55MPH), when all of a sudden my x50 lights up another K band alert . I just about $**t a brick and let off the gas. When I passed the speed sign, about 10-15 seconds later, I saw the cop sitting behind the overpasses' concrete divider.

    I hate it when I come up against a smart LEO that actually knows how to use instant on. :?

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar-Eclipse
    Yeah, I've seen this tactic used in my area once before. A few months ago I was on my way to work and got a K band alert.... stronger.... stonger... full alert. Then I saw it was coming from a speed sign under the overpass. So I began to speed back up to cruising speed (55MPH), when all of a sudden my x50 lights up another K band alert . I just about $**t a brick and let off the gas. When I passed the speed sign, about 10-15 seconds later, I saw the cop sitting behind the overpasses' concrete divider.

    I hate it when I come up against a smart LEO that actually knows how to use instant on. :?
    That's why you should use expert mode. Seems like that would have helped although I have never used an X50 myself. Does it give an audio alert when it picks up another additional signal, like the bogey lock on the V1.

    GTO_04

  7. #7
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar-Eclipse
    Yeah, I've seen this tactic used in my area once before. A few months ago I was on my way to work and got a K band alert.... stronger.... stonger... full alert. Then I saw it was coming from a speed sign under the overpass. So I began to speed back up to cruising speed (55MPH), when all of a sudden my x50 lights up another K band alert . I just about $**t a brick and let off the gas. When I passed the speed sign, about 10-15 seconds later, I saw the cop sitting behind the overpasses' concrete divider.

    I hate it when I come up against a smart LEO that actually knows how to use instant on. :?
    That's why you should use expert mode. Seems like that would have helped although I have never used an X50 myself. Does it give an audio alert when it picks up another additional signal, like the bogey lock on the V1.

    GTO_04
    I was in expert mode. That's how I knew it was a comepletely different K band signal. The speed sign was constant at full power. When this second K source showed up on the display it climbed from weak to full strength in second. I havn't turned off expert mode since.

    And about the audio alert, the x50 prioritized the first K band signal as the strongest so that was what I was hearing. But if I had muted the first alert it would have begun alerting to the second K when detected.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ka band speed sign
    By neopostman in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •