Radar Fanatic

Default Speed Cameras in California?

Has anyone ever encountered a speed camera in California? Trapster and Photoenforced.com show numerous speed camera locations throughout the state ... I was thinking of signing up for Trapster, but now I think their database is flawed.

I wonder if Trinity is any better ... has anyone gotten a speed camera false on their Cheetah, 9500ix, 9500ci or GX65?

Last I checked, speed cameras were not allowed in Cali ... and hopefully it stays that way.

CVC 21455.6 (c)
    The authorization in Section 21455.5 to use automated
    enforcement systems does not authorize the use of photo radar for
    speed enforcement purposes by any jurisdiction.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Speed Cameras in California?

I remember something about them being put up somewhere in Beverly Hills, then quickly being taken down because they were deemed against the law in Cali. That's just off the top of my head.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Has anyone ever encountered a speed camera in California? Trapster and Photoenforced.com show numerous speed camera locations throughout the state ... I was thinking of signing up for Trapster, but now I think their database is flawed.

I wonder if Trinity is any better ... has anyone gotten a speed camera false on their Cheetah, 9500ix, 9500ci or GX65?

Last I checked, speed cameras were not allowed in Cali ... and hopefully it stays that way.

CVC 21455.6 (c)
    The authorization in Section 21455.5 to use automated
    enforcement systems does not authorize the use of photo radar for
    speed enforcement purposes by any jurisdiction.
    I personally haven't seen any speed cameras and I do a lot of traveling in southern California. At most I see photo enforcement cameras but no straight speed cameras. I checked out photoenforced.com and I have to agree, I think their database is flawed just like trapster and my reason for this is most of the tickets are reported as the same amount, which I highly doubt that in all those areas, they were doing the same speed.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    I remember something about them being put up somewhere in Beverly Hills, then quickly being taken down because they were deemed against the law in Cali. That's just off the top of my head.
    I also remember this dJ. I remember the stink that the resedents put up and was thinking Bev hills richie rich residents got them taken down, but Arizona res are unable to..

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    I also remember this dJ. I remember the stink that the resedents put up and was thinking Bev hills richie rich residents got them taken down, but Arizona res are unable to..
    Yep, rich people usually get what they want. $h!t, those Newport Beach residents make us do that f**ked up noise abatement takeoff out of John Wayne, which I think is ridiculous.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Yep, rich people usually get what they want. $h!t, those Newport Beach residents make us do that f**ked up noise abatement takeoff out of John Wayne, which I think is ridiculous.
    Dude, the takeoff out of John Wayne is the best ever! Where else do you get to go that vertical in a passenger plane?

I freakin' love flying out of JW.