Good Citizen

Default NC HWP and LIDAR = $$$$$$$$$

Yesterday (1-13-09) the good old boys in black and silver had a lidar speed trap set up on I40 east bound at the 74A exchange (east side of Asheville, NC). They already had three customers pulled over when I passed by headed west on I40. The cop with the lidar gun was parked on a bridge and would call his buddies to stop customers to collect fees. Looks like the NC HWP has discovered that every time you pull the trigger on a lidar gun, big piles of cash fall out!!

Lead Foot

Default Re: NC HWP and LIDAR = $$$$$$$$$

Wasn't aware the state troopers had gotten lidar. I know the City of Asheville has them and they set up at the location you mention all the time. They're also frequently in the median between the bushes on 240 just east of downtown.

Radar Fanatic

Keep those boys happy in Ashville and away from Greensboro. I want to avoid having to get my L-I as long as I can

Good Citizen

No lidar for city police as of now. They only got Ka band about a year or so ago.

Radar Fanatic

Its only a matter of time before we get LIDAR locally. In GSO we have X, K, Ka. Lots of different unmarked cars and some of these guys are real sharp.
    I appreciate the reports from your area. Ill post anything new for the folks traveling this way when something newsworthy happens.

Yoda of Radar

Mehhh... once you get the LI (or any current-line jammer) you will prefer lidar over instant-on radar.

Newcomer

Although this is not a LIDAR report, anyone on I-540 East or West bound in Raleigh, NC be careful. 4-25-09 and 4-26-09 there has been Local as well as State HP setting up a speed trap at Exit 11 (Six Forks Road) underpass. Passed through both of the listed nights between 11:00pm and 12:00 pm and Ka went crazy on me. On 4-25 it was local Raleigh police. Tonight or 4-26 it was SHP, one marked and one unmarked.

Newcomer

Forgot it was after midnight. That would be Friday night 4-24 and Saturday night 4-25. Heat is already getting to me and its only April.