Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default Help in PA 35 MPH over posted limit - What can I do?

    Recently I got a ticket on route 33 in Bushkill Township. The ticket was for 100 MPH in a 65. I paid the ticket and thought that was that. It turns out in PA it doesn't just stop with you paying ticket and the 5 points on my license.

    I have to goto the DMV tomorrow morning. I am reading they will take my license for 90 days. I am so screwed, what can I do here. I have a disabled wife who cannot drive due to her disability and a 10 year old son. I work an hour away with no bus, I stand to lose everything. My new job, my house, everything if I lose my license. What can i do here, will they even listen to my situation or will they just stick it to me? Anyone out there ever go through this?

    I know speeding wasn't the smartest thing, but this way extreme for my first PA speeding ticket.

    As of now it has cost me 750$ and 5 points on my license that is without a lawyer, which yes I should have gotten but I am so broke being unemployed for over 10 months, now I could lose everything...

    Can anyone offer some good advice for my DOT hearing?
    Last edited by JIMBO1969; 02-01-2009 at 06:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Help in PA 35 MPH over posted limit - What can I do?

    Does PA offer a work only permit or similar? Allows you to do job and survial nessacary driving only. Hopefully someone here more familiar with the situation and state can give you more info.

  3. #3
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Help in PA 35 MPH over posted limit - What can I do?

    There might be something that allows you just to drive to work and back, stuff like that. I'm not 100% sure about PA. But, if you get your license taken, just drive carefully for those 90 days and don't get pulled over.

  4. #4
    Rocket Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: Help in PA 35 MPH over posted limit - What can I do?

    It seems you may be able to get a permit to drive to work or for medical treatment.

    "Obtain a Restricted License

    In some situations, those with suspended licenses may be granted limited driving privileges. If it's necessary to drive your vehicle for your job or study, or to receive medical treatment, you may apply for an Occupational Limited License. (This doesn't apply to revoked, disqualified, canceled, or recalled licenses.)

    To do so, send a completed Form DL-15, along with your proof of insurance and fee payment to the address on the form. PennDOT will determine if you qualify for the license, and will inform you of its decision within about three weeks."
    Valentine One (3.858 Ice Cream Truck, 3.812 in Vette)
    4 Head LI (On Vette) (7.11 CPU Regular heads front, HP Heads on the rear)
    9500ci (On Vette)

    LI Quad (On Ice Cream Truck)

    LI Dual (On SRX, 7.06 CPU)

    ProLaser II, ProLaser III, Stalker LZ-1, LTI Marksman & Laser Atlanta "R" (looking for an Ultralyte LRB)

    2008 Corvette Z-51 Coupe

    Escort 9500 ix (Cadillac SRX)



Similar Threads

  1. Would you respect an 85 MPH posted speed limit on rural interstate highways?
    By FMR6092USMC in forum Driving, Speeding & Traffic
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 12:14 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 10:32 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts