Newcomer

Default Nor California Sacramento Just got Lidar painted on 80 near 113 north turnoff

I am not sure if this is the correct thread but after having my 9500ix for a few months, i had never heard or seen the laser warning. I thought someone had left their cell phone in my car cause it kinda souned like a cell phone ringing.

Just got painted two mornings in a row in Nor Cal on 80 just before 113 Offramp at the exact same spot???

I looked and looked and could not find a CHP anywhere

What up?? I will look for it again tomorrow but I was told CHP does not use lidar?

This was on I80 which is patrolled by CHP. Has anyone heard o CHP now using lidar in norcal?

I now have to do this stupid commute everyday San Francisco - Sacramento Airport .... and I have a lead foot so ... time for a Laser jammer?

i would live to hear from anyone in Norcal who was painted by lidar on I80 near Sac.

tnx

Old Timer

Default Re: Nor California Sacramento Just got Lidar painted on 80 near 113 north turnoff

a laser jammer is the only way to rele defend against laser so yea u should look into one

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Nor California Sacramento Just got Lidar painted on 80 near 113 north turnoff

CHP has LIDAR

20-20 and TruSpeed and PLIII down south, and I'm pretty sure it's stalker duals for radar.

That's a good spot for Motors (I've seen them in action in that area) to hide in the trees or the ramp.

Laser falses can come off of other things, sun, headlights, cruise controls, tail/brake lights.

Jammer will make LIDAR dramatically less of a threat but, CHP is allowed to visually estimate speed, and (FYI) jammers are illegal in CA.

Power User

Remember if you get a jammer know how to use it properly because it's illegal in CA