Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New Texas Tint law !!!! Help Stop IT!

New tint law that needs to be stopped !!!

As of March 23, 2009, it was brought to our attention that the Texas Senate passed a bill (S B 589) that in effect would limit tinting the side windows of vehicles from a total of 25% visible light transmission to 35%. A bill has been authored by Larry Phillips in the House of Representatives H. B. 4523 that would do the same thing.

What this means to the end consumer is that no longer will it be allowed to apply a 35% VLT film on the side windows of your vehicles. It would have to change to a 50% VLT film to meet the new requirements. The current law states that after the film is applied it can not read below 25% VLT on all side doors with a reflectance of no more than 25%, this law is fair and equitable.

I ask that you contact your local representatives to help stop this ridiculous law

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: New Texas Tint law !!!! Help Stop IT!

Tint laws suck, especially in hot areas. Cops fight for them in the name of "safety" so good luck getting that repealed.

Power User

yeah it is all about safety, they want to make sure they can see what you are up to in your car. Pretty soon the will pass laws to make sure you have windows on your house doors and no curtains or blinds on the windows so they can looking in first to see if you have a gun or doing something illegal.

Oh i forgot, the police no longer knock on your door to let you know they are looking for you. They bring in the SWAT to bust down your door.

Many states limit VLT to a minimum of 35%. Some states don't allow tinted side windows at all. The new TX law doesn't seem too bad to me.

Professional

mine meter at 7%.................

Speed Demon

ya mine are 25% for the front door windows 20% for back door and 5% for back window. i have to get them redone too, due to little hole in it. im going to tell the people legal or not, put whats on it already. they are under warrenty so i think they have to replace with same %'s..i might even go with perscription tint..who knows..

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by djkyle65 View Post
    New tint law that needs to be stopped !!!

As of March 23, 2009, it was brought to our attention that the Texas Senate passed a bill (S B 589) that in effect would limit tinting the side windows of vehicles from a total of 25% visible light transmission to 35%. A bill has been authored by Larry Phillips in the House of Representatives H. B. 4523 that would do the same thing.

What this means to the end consumer is that no longer will it be allowed to apply a 35% VLT film on the side windows of your vehicles. It would have to change to a 50% VLT film to meet the new requirements. The current law states that after the film is applied it can not read below 25% VLT on all side doors with a reflectance of no more than 25%, this law is fair and equitable.

I ask that you contact your local representatives to help stop this ridiculous law

That's actually not what the current law says, the current law says 25^ VLT on FRONT side doors, rear side can be 0% VLT as well as the back windshield. But yes, 35% is way too light, this bill does need to be stopped.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    yeah it is all about safety, they want to make sure they can see what you are up to in your car. Pretty soon the will pass laws to make sure you have windows on your house doors and no curtains or blinds on the windows so they can looking in first to see if you have a gun or doing something illegal.

Oh i forgot, the police no longer knock on your door to let you know they are looking for you. They bring in the SWAT to bust down your door.

Has nothing to do with seeing the driver, has to do w/ driver's ability to see the side mirror.

Radar Fanatic

We have that law here already. It only applies to the driver and passenger windows tho. If you tint the rest of your windows limo black it seems to help the fronts out a bit. It also helps your highwired RD be a little less visible

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by partsfreak View Post
    We have that law here already. It only applies to the driver and passenger windows tho. If you tint the rest of your windows limo black it seems to help the fronts out a bit. It also helps your highwired RD be a little less visible
    The new bill is upping the front windows from 25% to 35%, that's way to clear for front windows