Thread: Arizona

Speed Demon

Default Arizona

What types of enforcement are in use in Arizona? Especially along I-40 and the cities on that route? Any particular caution areas?

Old Timer

Default Re: Arizona

PM racerX and cactusMan

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...0-10-08-a.html

Arizona (thanks bart99gt, bcorby, bracke60, djrams80, NightmarishWar, StlouisX50)

Arizona DPS: K, Ka, Laser (Phx/Flagstaff areas) K, Ka; Tucson area, now w/new m'cycles
    Gilbert: Laser
    Highway Patrol: K band, Stalker Ka 34.7 and Ka 35.5
    Maricopa County SO: K, Ka
    Mesa: Ka
    Mohave County: Photo Radar Ka? (very easy to spot, flashes/camera mounted on roof of SUV on ~3' tall masts)
    National Park Service: K, Ka (35.5)
    Peoria: K, Ka, Laser
    Phoenix: K, Ka, Laser
    Pima County S.O.: K, Ka, Laser
    Scottsdale: K, Ka, laser, photo radar (K and Ka), and non-radar photo enforcement
    Surprise: Laser
    Tempe: K, Ka, K Photo Radar
    Tucson: Mobile Radar/Photo (White vans) K-band, non-radar photo enforcement, 8 locations
    Tucson Area: K, Ka, Laser
    Tucson Police: Laser (All motor cops), some Ka (patrol cars)
    Wickenburg: K, Ka, Laser
    Williams: Ka (35.5)

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by hockey005 View Post
    PM racerX and cactusMan

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...0-10-08-a.html

Arizona (thanks bart99gt, bcorby, bracke60, djrams80, NightmarishWar, StlouisX50)

Arizona DPS: K, Ka, Laser (Phx/Flagstaff areas) K, Ka; Tucson area, now w/new m'cycles
    Gilbert: Laser
    Highway Patrol: K band, Stalker Ka 34.7 and Ka 35.5
    Maricopa County SO: K, Ka
    Mesa: Ka
    Mohave County: Photo Radar Ka? (very easy to spot, flashes/camera mounted on roof of SUV on ~3' tall masts)
    National Park Service: K, Ka (35.5)
    Peoria: K, Ka, Laser
    Phoenix: K, Ka, Laser
    Pima County S.O.: K, Ka, Laser
    Scottsdale: K, Ka, laser, photo radar (K and Ka), and non-radar photo enforcement
    Surprise: Laser
    Tempe: K, Ka, K Photo Radar
    Tucson: Mobile Radar/Photo (White vans) K-band, non-radar photo enforcement, 8 locations
    Tucson Area: K, Ka, Laser
    Tucson Police: Laser (All motor cops), some Ka (patrol cars)
    Wickenburg: K, Ka, Laser
    Williams: Ka (35.5)
    Thanks.

Any of these particularly aggressive with inforcement? Any I/O or Spectre?

Speed Demon

I ran into one of the mobile speed camera units just inside the Flagstaff city limits the other day. From the eastern city limits line to the downtown area we encountered 7 flagstaff LEOs running enforcement, all Ka band, one of which was a LEO SUV with an active speed camera we encountered - it was parked on the right shoulder at the far end of a right hand curve in I40. Even had a sign on the back of it announcing what it was. We were running under the PSL - due to awareness from this site but lots of vehicles were over the PSL but I saw none of them pursued. 4 of the 7 LEOs we saw did have vehicles stopped though. Interesting to say the least.

The Arizona state police were aggressively running speed enforcement. Most were on the median usually behind mounds or just over hills facing traffic at about a 45 degree angle. Window were up so I don't think they were running laser. All alerts were Ka. Most were within 10 miles of city limits. Interesting to say the least. And the truckers were pretty much silient on the CB. All the truckers I saw were running at or below the PSL. I did see one stopped on the eastbound side of 40 but I don't know what for.

Speed Demon

Found many stationary speed cameras on I-10 in and around Phoenix. Also several mobile speed cameras parked on the right shoulder at several locations on I-10. Looked like mini SUVs (Ford Escape?) with Arizona State Police markings.
    Mostly low power Ka with some K. Got about 1/8 mile warning with a 9500ix.

Encountered on ASP on the median in a depression facing westbound targeting eastbound. RD picked him up in time running CO Ka but did not actually see him until about 200 feet. He was really concealed well.Other than the CO Ka we would never detected him in time.

Encountered at least 2 stationary radars in NM running Ka - low power got about 1/4 mile warning.

Lots of LEO on I-10.