Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SWS

Old Timer

Default Re: SWS

I experienced an SWS alert coming from a Hoosier helper in Indiana on I-94 between Illinois and the Michigan state line but that was 2-3 years ago. Too bad it wasn't implemented like it should have been. Bummer.

Speed Demon

I ran an RX65 in Ireland for 2 year and never encountered it (needless to say) someone in Galway, Ireland that was caught with a Radar Detector tried to use safety warning as his defence (RD's illegal) but didn't testify .

To ass what Mike says re: K-Band Trailers: Its the same over here 4 / 5 have K-Band turned on and only every odd one has your speed displayed. At least it shows the V1 is working fine, it sniffs them out miles away

Experienced

I've had it a couple times here at construction sites. One time I got a Warning message when I was already in the construction zone .

Power User

I've seen it work once on an ambulance, but the range wasn't too good. It was less than 200ft.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by dracer777 View Post
    Anyone gotten SWS alerts? I live in CO and have never had one. Just wonder what parts of the country are using the transmitters. Also, do you think they will become widely used or is that too promoting of RD by the gov?
    Anyone know if there is a published list of locations and agencies using SWS?

snoopyc4

I've gotten a SWS warning from an approaching ambulance once