Good Citizen

Default ISP- notching up on Lidar?

Have you guys noticed within the past month or so increasing number of these ISPs parked parallel to the road (center or side shoulder, white unmarked and marked cars) shooting laser gun while squatting down low between slightly opened door and their vehicle in Chicagoland - 294, 290, 53?

Somehow I feel they are hard up on enforcing with Lidar as in my experience it's rare to see them actually squat outside their vehicle to shoot laser... it's little bit like over-acting or over-dramatic 'round here. I've noticed a number of them doing this and actually got shot at twice within a week. Luckily I spotted them first on both occasion and slowed down (as much as I could) and moved to center lanes. Unfortunate for the white Lexus SUV in front of me on one occasion as the Leo shot the Lexus first (I assume) then me (my 9500ix laser alert went off intermittently twice ) pulled out then came by besides me and looked at me for a bit then went behind the SUV up ahead for little bit then pulled him over. I guess he didn't like my speed but the Lexus' speed had to be much worse.

Is it just me being paranoid or are they showing more intent? Also I see more of ISP with Ka band as well. They were mostly K or Lidar. I'm also seeing many Cook County sheriffs out there enforcing speed... unusually high number of them on highways lately.

Legal in 41 States

Default Re: ISP- notching up on Lidar?

Yup, it's summer time and they're enjoying the nice weather by shooting you with some laser. Out of the 2 people I know who got tickets in the last month, both were lidar.

they have been using it a lot and getting better at using it too.

I wonder if they had a training course this past winter because they used to be very sloppy at using laser and this spring/summer they have been doing a good job at it and hiding very well. they have also been using better techniques.
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xlx View Post
    I'm also seeing many Cook County sheriffs out there enforcing speed... unusually high number of them on highways lately.
    Cook has been working hard very hard on 53 between lake cook and 290.
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lugnuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xlx View Post
    I'm also seeing many Cook County sheriffs out there enforcing speed... unusually high number of them on highways lately.
    Cook has been working hard very hard on 53 between lake cook and 290.
    Also on Elgin-Ohare... at times two cars together on the median grass area around West bound blind curve just past Gary Ave exit: one with Ka and the other with K. They almost got me the first time I spotted them there. My 6th sense told me to slow down I guess... because I can't explain why I slowed down but I was thankful however.

At first I was wondering what the Cook County sheriffs were doing setting up speed trap shop on expressways but I guess they have the right to be there just as much as ISP.