Power User

Default ENRAD Encounter today

My Eyes and BMW brakes saved me...

The police near my work found a new and hard to spot hiding spot. There is section of the road where it narrows with no shoulder and right after this spot it widens a bit with a wide shoulder on the opposite side and there is business there with a parking lot on the side of the building which is blocked from sight from either direction.

The ENRAD unit is setup just past where the road widens and before the business driveway. The police are tucked back in the parking lot and you can not see them until you drive pass the driveway.

Well I was zipping down the road and saw the unit set up on the opposite shoulder and with in 1/2 second I realize what it was and slammed on the brakes, I am glad BMW stop so fast, lucky no one was following me too closely. I have no idea how fast I was going, but when I hit the beams I rolled across at 15MPH.

Well further down the road there was an officer who was pulling people over. Keep in mind this road had no shoulder and they had cars stopped in the middle of the road, They had a customer when i got there, just happen to be a BMW.

I forgot to turn my trapster on so I could not warn others today.
    Last edited by Maestro; 06-17-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Professional

Default Re: ENRAD Encounter today

I guess it must be a good day for writing tickets or something bc i had to slam on the brakes bc a local cop was using vascar. The lines were freshly painted and were only a foot off the white line on the side of the road making it very hard to see till it was too late. And were not there a few days ago. I try to remember were these lines are in my travels.

And sitting here relaxing listening to my scanner Wilkes-Barre PD is calling out speed readings.

Power User

All the rain has been messing with their speed traps... every time the weather is a little nice they are out.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    All the rain has been messing with their speed traps... every time the weather is a little nice they are out.
    Thats one good thing about when its raining out they do speed traps but its raining good here now and they are still calling out speeds over the scanner. Very strange

Old Timer

Wow and actual Enradd trap. Thanks for letting us know guys and keep us updated.

Good Citizen

Nice save there - I almost got nailed on Tuesday by an undercover cop running VASCAR in Lower Merion...

Power User

They were back again, yesterday, twice in the same week at the same location. Seems to be their new favorite spot.... The problem is most people have no clue how the police are catching people so everyone is driving like old ladies by this and another location... That alone is driving me crazy.

Then this morning they were out at another one of their favorite location new my house using VASCAR. This location I know when they are there, the officer sit on an over pass looking at the traffic below, I pass the officer on the over pass before hitting the road he watching, So i slow way down and get people behind me to slow, and once I am past the white line, I zip way.

Man, I never seen them out as much I have seen them in the last few months. they are really trying to fill the budget gaps, you know these local guys are being told their jobs are at risk due to budget cuts.

I had trapster on this time and reported both locations.
    Last edited by Maestro; 06-26-2009 at 08:02 AM.