Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default driving from milwaukee to ft wayne indiana

i'll be driving from milwaukee to ft wayne indiana in the near future and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of enforcement is used most along different parts of this route and where i might want to be extra careful. i'll be taking i94 (turns into 90-94) all the way to i65, then down i65 till us 30. then from there to ft wayne on us30 i believe.

thanks in advance

Good Citizen

Indiana has most radar bands but you'll only see X, K, and Ka. It's actually quicker to take I-80/I-90 all the way across Indiana and take I-69 south as the speed limit is 70 all the way. On US 30 you'll be doing 55 and have to stop once in a while.

If you do stay on the toll road there are 2 K band stationary speed signs at the first toll booth at the 22 milepost.

Professional

thanks alot for the insight. anyone know about illinois?

Good Citizen

I guess I should have commented on that too. I ran I-57 from I-80 to the southern edge of Illinois every weekend for 7 months up until last month. Same as Indiana. All X, K, and Ka. I never got a valid POP or Laser but I did see one statie using a laser gun.

BTW, expect major problems with traffic the way you're coming. I changed my route to go south on I-65 and then across the state line on state roads to Kankakee because it was getting so bad in Illinois on I-80, 90, and 94. The last few times on my way back I came back to I-80. It was bad there, but heard worse things on up I-94 on the CB.

Professional

if you hit during rush hour, you might as well put your car in park and wait for an hour before you move on i-94. i'm planning on going through mid-morning or early afternoon. done it before and it was fine. good to hear that its not lots of laser like on the way down from milwaukee to the illinois border

Good Citizen

My return trips were on Sunday afternoons but if you've driven it in the last 5 months or so you'll know what it's like now, and it's no better.

Professional

were any radar encounters instant on?

Good Citizen

I did not have any but I know it's used in IL and IN. I don't usually see much instant-on on the interstates. I see a lot more of it in and around the smaller towns on US highways.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by goofy173
    I did not have any but I know it's used in IL and IN. I don't usually see much instant-on on the interstates. I see a lot more of it in and around the smaller towns on US highways.
    I agree. You will run into some podunk towns along US 30 and many of them will have speed traps, some of them instant-on. These small towns will often annex part of the major highway that runs near them so they can reap the benefits of a cherry patch.

For some reason, laser is not used very much in Indiana.

GTO_04

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    For some reason, laser is not used very much in Indiana. GTO_04
    that is very good news, considering i dont have a black vehicle bra yet and hopefully i will be revieving my veil and lasershield before i leave - haha. thanks for the insight on small towns, i kinda figured that they would do something like that. i'll watch out if we decide to go that route