Power User

Default CA - OC - CA-241: CHP Using LIDAR

OK, this is nothing new for the CHP in general, but this is the first time I have ever seen a CHP using LIDAR on the 241 toll road (up 'til now it's always been Ka-band RADAR). This was the pseudo-unmarked (all white, but with CHP stars on the front doors) Crown Vic that I've seen many times, only this time the officer was standing outside with a LIDAR gun held up to his eyeball. He was on the SB 241 JSO the Irvine Blvd. on-ramp.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: CA - OC - CA-241: CHP Using LIDAR

black or blue?

Power User

I was on the NB side so I couldn't see the gun clearly.

Newcomer

I was driving up I-80 by Fairfield, Ca and saw two CHP officers standing on the side of the road (cars perpendicular to the flow of traffic) with guns in hand. I picked-up multiple Ka radar hits on the V1 as well as a laser hit. I have also observed a few other CHP officers on I-580E near Dublin, Ca sitting perpendicular to the flow of traffic with guns (assuming laser?) in hand (I wasn't in my car, so didn't have a detector).

-Todd...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by swarga View Post
    OK, this is nothing new for the CHP in general, but this is the first time I have ever seen a CHP using LIDAR on the 241 toll road (up 'til now it's always been Ka-band RADAR). This was the pseudo-unmarked (all white, but with CHP stars on the front doors) Crown Vic that I've seen many times, only this time the officer was standing outside with a LIDAR gun held up to his eyeball. He was on the SB 241 JSO the Irvine Blvd. on-ramp.
    Damn looks like I missed this thread, but thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm playing with fire by not having jammers yet ... I've had the Evos up to 160 on the 241.

FYI, they use aircraft enforcement on the 241 as well ...