Legal in 41 States

Default Midwest Meet - Sometime in the Spring

Would anyone be interested in doing some testing late spring. For location I'm thinking somewhere west of Indianapolis in Indiana. There's plenty of long, straight, country roads that we should have no problems with. I know I talked about this with proudNMA, languy and foolishone (maybe others, can't remember) when we did testing in MI in July.

So, this thread is for discussion, since it'd be nice to have a meet with as many people as possible. Main points are:
    Type of Testing:
    Equipment you have:

For me:
    Location: West of Indianapolis, just far enough to get out of the suburbs on a road we'll only see 5-10 cars all day. From looking at Google maps, somewhere outside of Jamestown, IN along 74 would do fine. This is also a partial compromise, it's still an hour and half east for me and should be able to draw some people from OH.

Date: Has to warm up enough to where we could all be comfortable in light jackets. I'm thinking sometime in April.

Type of Testing: I'm more interested in lidar than radar, I'd like to do more testing with various guns, maybe rent a PLIII since that's all I see in IL. I'm not sure if we could somehow incorporate over pass shots, that would probably depend a lot on the local. The only radar testing I would be interested in is I/O testing, and maybe some solid testing to prove TruLock/AutoLearn is a sham.

Equipment: No police equipment, would be willing to go in on a rental for a PLIII. Countermeasure are 9500ci-LI-V1.

Old Timer

Default Re: Midwest Meet - Sometime in the Spring

Rebinc, there are some members on here that have presented some information on an area around/near West Lafeyette, Indiana for future testing. If any of us get any time, maybe we can check out that area.

I would be interested in attending but all depends on work and how far south it is.
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!

Speed Demon

I looked up some googlemaps info around West Lafeyette as PNM mentioned. There's going to be no way to know what traffic is like unless we go down there and scout it out one day. I'm more than willing to do that between now and April so if you guys want to throw out some locations maybe Rocky2 and myself will make a day of it and go scouting. I had a few nice spots picked out but there were little/no hills or curves.

Keep in mind when thinking/searching for places to go that a safe and easy turn-around at both ends of the course is important. I'm not saying we need a cul-de-sac but at the same time a 2 foot drop into a ditch would make 3-point turns hazardous. Even then I think Camthedew lives down that way and he seems "Indiana" enough to get us out of any hiccups like that.

rc

Date: Anytime after March
    Type: Anything I can help with.
    Equipment: V1, M27 (Maybe 47 by then), Bushnell K Band
    (I'd be willing to split rental cost)

Radar Fanatic

hey nma, a little off subject but have you had a chance to check your PL2's software version, if it's the older one, maybe you can send it in this winter and get it updated to the 5.12 version because that makes it the hardest gun to jam and if people can jam that just fine they can jam anything, so it will be great for testing rigs.

Legal in 41 States

West Lafayette is fine too. Ideal stretch of road would be roughly 2 miles straight road with turn arounds, and a pull off near the center where can set up a tent.

Old Timer

2-3 miles would be really great but we take what we can get. Languy, not sure if you can even get my Pro II updated to the 5.12 software since mine is the 5.08 version. Since I have used a Pro III in the past and already own a II, what about having a Laser Atlanta at the testing event? It sure would be nice to have one of those there since I have never been to a testing event yet where there was an LA there. I almost forgot, what about the Kustom Pro Lite? That would be awesome to test too!
    Last edited by proudNMAmember; 10-12-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: left things out

Radar Fanatic

I'll be able to go. I'll bring the Goat as well.

Radar Fanatic

I will also attend.