Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default A Fair Warning To Marylanders...

Tonight driving was literally hell. The amount of enforcement out in MD was insane. Never seen so much Radar/Lidar and I travel around AACounty, Baltimore City, I-97, I-695, I-295, and I-95 all the time. Tonight AACounty Police, Maryland State Police, Maryland Transportation Authority Police, and even Baltimore's Finest which I never see taking any kind of radar or lidar, were out in full force. I searched for speeding crackdowns online, and found nothing. If you want to know all the traps I ran into and the locations PM me and I'll send you them. Has anyone else in Maryland seen a huge step up in enforcement? Let me know. Oh and slow the hell down, or have a rabbit and a laser jammer with your detector at night or you will get raped.

Professional

Default Re: A Fair Warning To Marylanders...

They were definately out on I-70 between Frederick&Baltimore saw 3 MSP on I-70 today between Baltimore&Frederick. One was in the median running CO KA, the other two had cars pulled over.

I also encountered the speed camera on I-95 this morning. The vehicle is a white Jeep Liberty with a "safe zones" logo on the side and was sitting inbetween the concrete jersey walls right after exit 19. It was running K band radar and I had ~1/4 advance warning.........not alot, but enough time to slow down.

Radar Fanatic

Yeah they are always out on I-70 because Frederick is near the state police barrack. Monday I'm heading back to school and will be taking I-97 to Rt. 100 to I-70 to I-68. Should be able to get some good videos. As far as the speed camera with the white jeep, yeah that has been there on I-95 for some time now. Totally for revenue generation, because even when workers aren't there they are used. I got a quick video of it with my V1 a few months back. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJM4xHQkF_Y]YouTube - Creepin on 95[/ame]

You can see the white jeep in the median. At least MD has to warn you with a bunch of SPEED PHOTO ENFORCED ZONE ahead signs, so I slow down for that mile then floor it back up to the 90's. Speed cameras are worthless.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    Yeah they are always out on I-70 because Frederick is near the state police barrack. Monday I'm heading back to school and will be taking I-97 to Rt. 100 to I-70 to I-68. Should be able to get some good videos. As far as the speed camera with the white jeep, yeah that has been there on I-95 for some time now. Totally for revenue generation, because even when workers aren't there they are used. I got a quick video of it with my V1 a few months back. YouTube - Creepin on 95

You can see the white jeep in the median. At least MD has to warn you with a bunch of SPEED PHOTO ENFORCED ZONE ahead signs, so I slow down for that mile then floor it back up to the 90's. Speed cameras are worthless.

Everyone is back from vacation and it is time to bring in the (shall I say bacon?) revenue?

Radar Fanatic

I traveled from south florida to north florida today (4 hour each way) and only 1 encounter that only the V1 can save. FHP with red/blue lights on at construction area to protect the workers and another FHP with KA-band 1/2 mile up. 8 hours of driving and only 1 encounter is the lowest i've ever had.

I agree with the increased I-70 enforcement between I-695 & Frederick. Over the last month, I have reguraly encountered at least 2 to 3 troopers in the evenings, usually with customers. There tends to be a mix of marked troopers in the median as well as marked/unmarked troopers running moving radar.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by STiMULi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post
    Yeah they are always out on I-70 because Frederick is near the state police barrack. Monday I'm heading back to school and will be taking I-97 to Rt. 100 to I-70 to I-68. Should be able to get some good videos. As far as the speed camera with the white jeep, yeah that has been there on I-95 for some time now. Totally for revenue generation, because even when workers aren't there they are used. I got a quick video of it with my V1 a few months back. YouTube - Creepin on 95

Everyone is back from vacation and it is time to bring in the (shall I say bacon?) revenue?
    Haha of course, what else is new. They put the speed camera on I-95 to get all the out of state drivers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
    I agree with the increased I-70 enforcement between I-695 & Frederick. Over the last month, I have reguraly encountered at least 2 to 3 troopers in the evenings, usually with customers. There tends to be a mix of marked troopers in the median as well as marked/unmarked troopers running moving radar.
    This is nothing new on I-70 let me tell you. I always see MSP out there with costumers. Hell, this one girl I know from my hometown whose smokin hot, moved from MD to WV to get in state tuition, got pulled for going 90 in a 65 by MSP out there and she actually got the ticket! Shes 21 and has never gotten a ticket before cause shes hot haha. Guess they are getting desperate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCoke View Post
    I traveled from south florida to north florida today (4 hour each way) and only 1 encounter that only the V1 can save. FHP with red/blue lights on at construction area to protect the workers and another FHP with KA-band 1/2 mile up. 8 hours of driving and only 1 encounter is the lowest i've ever had.
    Wow that's the fewest encounters I've ever heard of. We always got double digit encounters on our way back to school through VA and NC last year. One day we only got 3 as our lowest on the 5hour and 30min drive, and that was because it was pouring the entire time.

In red.

Good Citizen

I didn't notice any increased enforcement two weeks ago when I made the trek back to school - in fact, I didn't see any MSP, which was a first to me. Hopefully this is just a quick enforcement spike.

A question for Speed, however: As a resident, how much laser do you see in use by MSP on I-95 (My principal route of travel)...I personally have never seen it, but I'd like to hear from some others in the area.

Experienced

The MSP is using lidar on 95; I've personally been targeted so I know they are using it. Granted, it was a Sunday afternoon, but I saw him from a distance painted all of the cars in the left lane, when it was my turn, my Bel alerted. This was around the 216 exit of 95 NB.

Michael

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
    I didn't notice any increased enforcement two weeks ago when I made the trek back to school - in fact, I didn't see any MSP, which was a first to me. Hopefully this is just a quick enforcement spike.

A question for Speed, however: As a resident, how much laser do you see in use by MSP on I-95 (My principal route of travel)...I personally have never seen it, but I'd like to hear from some others in the area.
    I personally have only seen Lidar twice on I-95 and I drive there all the time. You will find it very spread out through MD. Today they were doing Lidar on I-70 and on Rt. 100. Traffic knows it too, they give you a 15mph threshold at least.

Quote Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
    The MSP is using lidar on 95; I've personally been targeted so I know they are using it. Granted, it was a Sunday afternoon, but I saw him from a distance painted all of the cars in the left lane, when it was my turn, my Bel alerted. This was around the 216 exit of 95 NB.

Michael
    Yea they had some lidar today as well. Nothing new though, the traffic knows it as well. You gotta be really pushing it to get a trooper after you.