Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vic,aus
    Posts
    450

    Default For the Aussies in Victoria/Aus

    I can confirm that Victoria Police are using Ka band,had a hit the other day,first for a long time,from a motorbike, 34.946 Ghz,hoping to get pictures next time of the unit/police and the RX65 going off in the back ground. So turn on Ka International!!

  2. #2
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    havnt QLD removed all Genisis Ka radars...said they are faulty...

  3. #3
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vic,aus
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Yes supposedly,though rumours suggest they are back, Victoria have been using Ka for a while from Silver Eagles (also operate K Band),KR10SP's are K band.
    I don't believe they will have the same problems as NSW have had with there Silver Eagles as they are tested regularly by RMIT.

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vic,aus
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Another Ka band hit, on the Monash Hwy, Chadstone for those who know the area, believe it was a Golden Eagle,same direction mode.

  5. #5
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    Its only a matter of time now...it will be everywhere.

    hey nice avatar

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalcar
    Yes supposedly,though rumours suggest they are back, Victoria have been using Ka for a while from Silver Eagles (also operate K Band),KR10SP's are K band.
    I don't believe they will have the same problems as NSW have had with there Silver Eagles as they are tested regularly by RMIT.
    Hello Stalcar, i am from Victoria as i always travel to clayton as well...

    however, i am interested on some sort of device to protect, is the Bel RX65 works well? or do you recommend any other type of brand which will work in VIC?

    sorry if i ask stupid question, i am new to radar & leaser detector market, and i think i definitely need one!

    thanks for any input. :wink:

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vic,aus
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PalMos
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalcar
    Yes supposedly,though rumours suggest they are back, Victoria have been using Ka for a while from Silver Eagles (also operate K Band),KR10SP's are K band.
    I don't believe they will have the same problems as NSW have had with there Silver Eagles as they are tested regularly by RMIT.
    Hello Stalcar, i am from Victoria as i always travel to clayton as well...

    however, i am interested on some sort of device to protect, is the Bel RX65 works well? or do you recommend any other type of brand which will work in VIC?

    sorry if i ask stupid question, i am new to radar & leaser detector market, and i think i definitely need one!

    I have a V1 and a RX65, my preference is the RX65, why you may ask? It is cheaper than a V1, and picks up photo and other modes of radar easily. i use to have a Bel Sti Au/Nz and that was great too, but the RX65 is far better. Cheaper brands will only detect photo radar used in Vic once you go through the beam,so too late!
    I'm awaiting the results of the new STi, and if it proves good,I'll get it.

    Stalcar

    thanks for any input. :wink:

  8. #8

    Default

    hi stalcar, thanks for the input

    i have did some research last night, oversea/imported RX65 can be detected by victorian police? since oversea RX65 is made to comply FCC regulation or something like that in USA, is that true? so if yes, if i see or alerted for any police around, what happen if i just turn it off?

    also, the V1 seems to be not bad as well, other than the direction arrow feature, what other areas are better than RX65?

    i think what i concern is probably leaser gun (i know i also need VEIL and jammer for maximum protection) and radar gun (get caught last time on the way to mt.buller, hell far away as i couldn't even see the police driving out the corner, then he is having the light on and say i speeding, did they use leaser or radar?)

    thanks for answering my question.

  9. #9
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vic,aus
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PalMos
    hi stalcar, thanks for the input

    i have did some research last night, oversea/imported RX65 can be detected by victorian police? since oversea RX65 is made to comply FCC regulation or something like that in USA, is that true? so if yes, if i see or alerted for any police around, what happen if i just turn it off?

    also, the V1 seems to be not bad as well, other than the direction arrow feature, what other areas are better than RX65?

    i think what i concern is probably leaser gun (i know i also need VEIL and jammer for maximum protection) and radar gun (get caught last time on the way to mt.buller, hell far away as i couldn't even see the police driving out the corner, then he is having the light on and say i speeding, did they use leaser or radar?)

    thanks for answering my question.
    PalMos, both V1 & RX65 and other detectors are detectable by the Stalcar/Spectre RDD's,thats why I'm awaitng the results of the new STi, VicPol only have a few RDD's and are mainly used in country locations on major Highways ie Hume,Calder etc. You need to keep an eye out for police cars and late model unmarks to be wary and then turn it off.
    With Laser that is only used in a stationary location so more than likely you got pinned with Moving Mode Radar and they need to have a sighting to get you. My Silver Eagle will pick up oncoming traffic from 700 to 1000 metres, so you will be tracked from that distance and then from about 400 metres a LOCKED speed will be used.
    The V1 other than the arrows isn't any better, but if you have any other good detector, you will sniff out radars and learn to keep an eye out for them and slow down, both models false on door openers because the sensitivty on them is so good.
    Laser's well once you have detected it, your probably gone all ready ie ticketed, unless you have got some scatter off another car. A jammer would be ok here.
    Anyway let me know if you need to know anything else about Victoria ,well be happy to let you know if I can answer any questions.

  10. #10
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vic,aus
    Posts
    450

    Default Another Ka Band Hit

    Motorbike cop with Ka band on Sth Gippsland Hwy Dandenong,using same lane heading sth bound, I was in north bound lane and got a good kilometre warning, need to investigate if it's a Golden Eagle MMR.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Police urge Aussies not to be "plankers"
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 08:44 AM
  2. Why do Aussies get all of the sexy cars? :(
    By SteadySpeedin in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 12:51 AM
  3. Victoria, Tx
    By ussblade in forum Local & Regional Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
  4. Aussies Rule
    By stalker in forum News Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •