Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Angry NY is at it again...still!

It appears as though the same few brainless idiots in Albany are STILL trying to get RD's and LJ's banned in New York. I honestly wish the would find new ways to find cash for the state OTHER than crap like this:

Bills

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: NY is at it again...still!

Vic,
    Did you see that blinky wants cameras in "work zones" too?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KaPro View Post
    Vic,
    Did you see that blinky wants cameras in "work zones" too?
    Oh, that's just so wrong...

Experienced

Don't forget the proposed speed cameras this gobbler wants. Lately it seems like when they start running out of money, they hit people who own vehicles instead managing what they have responsibly.

On the speed camera side of the ledger we got the red light cameras / portable speed camera vans in NC beat. The LEO’s installed the red light cameras throughout the state and then found out they were violating state law. 90% of all ticket revenues are to go to public school funding only. There is not enough money left at that point to pay the red light camera companies, so they are out.

I thought it was a hoot, Charlotte LEO’s now owe the school board over $4.6 million in collected ticket fines, which they paid to Peek Traffic, LOL.

BC

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It appears as though the same few brainless idiots in Albany are STILL trying to get RD's and LJ's banned in New York. I honestly wish the would find new ways to find cash for the state OTHER than crap like this:

Bills
    Don't be worried, tons of states have introduced banning radar detectors and banning LJing in the past but have all failed and will continue to fail. Hell, VA might even get their ban taken away, I would get this idiot out of office, through.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post

Bills
    Don't be worried, tons of states have introduced banning radar detectors and banning LJing in the past but have all failed and will continue to fail. Hell, VA might even get their ban taken away, I would get this idiot out of office, through.
    Hell, I'm not worried a bit. He's tried several times, and several times he's failed. It's just a money-grabbing attempt for the state as usual.

Regardless, he's not my idiot! Not sure what part of NY Marcellino is from. Downstate I'm assuming...

I wrote it before : the trend to ban rd/lj is flowing
    in the head of every legislator of every state ,
    it is an all azimuth war on speed ...

In their mind , there is no ''safe'' speed ...only safe
    psl .

Be prepared to stealth more and more your equipment
    O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
    Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
    and hence hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War, c. 500bc

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedUp View Post

Bills
    Hell, I'm not worried a bit. He's tried several times, and several times he's failed. It's just a money-grabbing attempt for the state as usual.

Regardless, he's not my idiot! Not sure what part of NY Marcellino is from. Downstate I'm assuming...
    Remember those ugly yellow license plates he was attempting to push, at our expense, because he claimed the current ones were fading and illegible? I'm glad that got shot down and hopefully other garbage he introduces will fade away as well.

Power User

They better not approve that or I will go crazy.