Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Question about PA?

Driving with my mom home from school she had brought my BEL 995 along but didn'ty turn it on, on the way up. I had it turned on the way home and she really like the detector and it performed great all showing where the speed traps, most Ka through NY and PA, NJ we got no treats.

But does PA use laser???? were were driving down the road and we got a laser alert. the Detector was mounted low just above wipers.

Also when driving by the signs that are pulled by a trailer and parked on the side of the road we got a K-band signal to the point that is went to full strength what could that be?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Don't know about the laser alert, but those big information signs often have a radar transmitter installed. I don't know for what purpose, but they are annoying as hell. I encounter then constantly in MA and NY.

Speed Demon

What signs are y'all talking about?
    Richard

Radar Fanatic

What I'm talking about are the large, orange, and usually portable signs that are placed by the side of the road to display information to about construction, road conditions, etc.

Here's a little one:

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Don't know about the laser alert, but those big information signs often have a radar transmitter installed. I don't know for what purpose, but they are annoying as hell. I encounter then constantly in MA and NY.
    Yeah it was annoying i turned on SWS thinking that it might be an SWS signal but we saw no more signs :?

Laser alert could of been sun? but my mom's car was extremely dirty so i doubt it was reflection off the hood

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

What I'm talking about are the large, orange, and usually portable signs that are placed by the side of the road to display information to about construction, road conditions, etc.

Here's a little one:
    Yep those were the signs

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

GMC/Chevy SUVs with the neon third brake light can do it, too. When I get a laser false it's usually because of one of those things.

Advanced Member

GMC/Chevy SUVs with the neon third brake light can do it, too. When I get a laser false it's usually because of one of those things.
    none were in site, no cops were in site but we did just go under a over pass when we got the warning

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Interestingly enough I just had a similar laser false yesterday. I wasn't really going fast enough to be bothered with at the time anyway but it really had me wondering. No cops in sight, though. The only thing i can come up with is that, since I was in the left lane and coming through a left-hand turn, maybe it saw the laser from one of those fancy new active cruise control systems? There was really nothing else...not even the usual neon brake light.

Manufacturer

crazyVOLVOrob,

Interesting that you asked this question.

PA has been loathe to adopt laser.

I have spoken to a laser gun manufacture who just informed me that PA is making the neccessary arrangements to have laser in operation for traffic enforcement later this year.

I am in the process of speaking to the head of the department in Harrisburg that is handling this issue. We have been playing telephone tag but when I get an officlal answer, I will post what I find.

At any rate, I am certain that laser will be here in PA soon. If I can get a heads up one where it is going to be used, I'll post that as well.

Stay tuned...

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook