Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default X band in up state NY?

Is X band still used in the Albany area of New York? Everytime I get a flase on my Whistler 1773 it's usually X band picking up the traffic lights.

Good Citizen

Someone on here said that they encountered a Saratoga Sheriff with X Band. Another said that a State Trooper was using it. I have NEVER encountered X Band in NY anywhere. So I shut it off. It was driving me nuts!!! Turn it on if you go to Jersey though.

Speed Demon

Yesterday I had a "pulse" reading on my Whistler 1773. Does that mean POP? or would the detector say POP?

But of course it was a false alarm lol.

Yoda of Radar

Whistler "Pulse" -> "instant-on"

Speed Demon

I did alot of highway and city driving today and.... I HATE X band lol. I know I can take it off, but I wanna see for about a week if I see any cops using X band.

Didn't see one cop today.

Speed Demon

I haven't seen any X band. I was talking to a Deputy in Saratoga County over the summer and he was running K band.

I've gotten some constant on pulsed readings from cops around here. I don't remember where though. I think the radar gun just sends out its signal in a pulse-like manner. I remember it was K band. Cop was driving towards me and it went to a full strength pulsed reading. Hmmm, tonight (New Year's Eve), might be a GOOD night to go out and use the detector, since cops will probably be out in full force. I might just do that.

Speed Demon

Hmmm, tonight (New Year's Eve), might be a GOOD night to go out and use the detector, since cops will probably be out in full force. I might just do that.
    so, how did it go?

Speed Demon

It snowed too much. ops: I gave up after all the slipping and sliding around... streets weren't plowed very good.

Around 7PM, I drove around Bethlehem though, didn't see a cop anywhere. After midnight when I came back from the fireworks, didn't see an Albany cop anywhere either... they were all downtown.

Experienced

Saratoga Police use Ka Band - not sure about county Sheriffs but I'm sure they're atlest using K - I haven't seen a cop in NY using X, not even way up North near Lake Placid or Whitehall.

Speed Demon

Saratoga County Sheriff's Dept. uses K band.