Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Default PA Silver Spring Township ENRADD

I heard about this trap on the radio... not the CB, the FM radio, in the traffic report...

I had a lovely video of this trap including someone actually being chased and pulled over, but my stupid cell phone decided to close the video "application" because the battery was low and I lost it. I had enough time to go home, get my charger, head back, wait in construction on the highway, and try to video it again and they were still there. There were more than two cars the first time I went through, I guess they must've been busy...

The trap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B02YiTajoo"]YouTube - PA Silver Spring Township ENRADD 114 Part One[/ame]

Another view:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-arzH8HikY"]YouTube - PA Silver Spring Township ENRADD 114 Part Two[/ame]

I've never actually seen ENRADD before this. The sensors were painted white and were a lot smaller in person than I'd thought they would be.
    Last edited by supercowpowers; 05-04-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Default Re: PA Silver Spring Township ENRADD

Good video! Thanks for the info; I drive in that area every now and then. I've also noticed camp hill police running it all the time on rt 15 near the bypass in the 35mph section. They must have nothing to do as I've seen them there literally 5 out of 7 days of a week. I always speed on that road, and just slow to 30mph before my car hits in ENRADD.

Good Citizen

Ah yes, the Cumberland-Perry Vo-Tech entrance. I've seen PSP sitting there with RADAR from time to time as well. A good place too, as it's pretty easy to exceed 75 MPH by that point from either direction. Wonder how many PSL + 20's they got. BTW--was this today (4 May?)

On a side note, those damn silver cars are HARD to see. My last two citations have been from Silver Spring PD because I NEVER saw the officer beforehand. Fortunately, the roadside discussion was pleasant enough that on both occasions they simply wrote me for 3111a, "disobedience to traffic control devices." 0 points and no notice from PennDOT or to my insurance carrier.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by pgb2 View Post
    Ah yes, the Cumberland-Perry Vo-Tech entrance. I've seen PSP sitting there with RADAR from time to time as well. A good place too, as it's pretty easy to exceed 75 MPH by that point from either direction. Wonder how many PSL + 20's they got. BTW--was this today (4 May?)

On a side note, those damn silver cars are HARD to see. My last two citations have been from Silver Spring PD because I NEVER saw the officer beforehand. Fortunately, the roadside discussion was pleasant enough that on both occasions they simply wrote me for 3111a, "disobedience to traffic control devices." 0 points and no notice from PennDOT or to my insurance carrier.
    Yes it was this morning around 9:00.

The 'silver' is more of a dull gray - blends in well during the day as you can see, and is even more deadly at night. With all the colors in the world they could have ordered their cars in, they had to have done it on purpose to increase the effectiveness of their white-lines-and-stopwatch traps.

Professional

Nice videos.

I hate ENRADD!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by stano0098 View Post
    Nice videos.

I hate ENRADD!
    Tell me about it... at least with the stopwatch method you have a sporting chance if you see the police car and can get your average speed low enough, but as you can see ENRADD allows them to set it up so you're already screwed by that point.

YIS/Cowden Group can suck me.

Professional

the traffic guy on 93.5 mentions the vo tech location often on his traffic report for police hideout.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    Nice videos.

I hate ENRADD!
    Tell me about it... at least with the stopwatch method you have a sporting chance if you see the police car and can get your average speed low enough, but as you can see ENRADD allows them to set it up so you're already screwed by that point.

X2 on that! This is a really good set up. They have it set up so that you pass through it then see the officer. So if you were to be daydreaming and see them its too late.

Good Citizen

The 'silver' is more of a dull gray - blends in well during the day as you can see, and is even more deadly at night.
    And of course they have the slicktop you showed in the video and two unmarked in that same color. I saw the slicktop a little later that day along Route 11 near Cumberland Valley SD about the end of the school day. He was turning right onto a side street and almost got rear-ended by a truck!

Another deadly color (especially in the dark) is the navy blue on Northern York Regional PD's marked CVPI cruisers. They patrol a short section of US Route 15 in York County and have a couple of tricky hidey holes for VASCAR that color just disappears into.

Camp Hill Police do this all the time. I just pay attention and scan the road ahead (hopefully you have 20/20 vision), especially in areas where I know they use ENRADD. Every time I have been able to see the ENRADD unit and slow down, usually I hit the unit going the speed limit (or under!) not long after or even at the same time that I see a police car.

I have also been able to do this on other roads such at rt 15 near dillsburg and rt 15 S just crossing the river leaving harrisburg. When I'm speeding (90% of the time) I scan the road and have hit ENRADD many times and have been able to slow down before my car hits the unit. Also look for suspicious cars or objects on both side of the road that could be covering ENRADD units. Have not ran into this yet, but I've seen it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    Nice videos.

I hate ENRADD!

X2 on that! This is a really good set up. They have it set up so that you pass through it then see the officer. So if you were to be daydreaming and see them its too late.