Default POP and California

Recently I picked up a V1, unfortunately for me, my car has (Awareness Crusie Control) which basically means it uses radar to scan for cars around.. The problem with that, is that the band it sends out is basically the same Ghz as a K band.. and my V1 picks it up and goes crazy inside my car. The only way to stop the V1 from acknowledging the band is to turn the POP off.. So my question, do any of you know if POP is being widely used in CA, or am I going to be safe with it off..

If not, I have a feeling I'm going to have to switch to a 9500 IX, which I really don't want to do.

Also, before anyone asks, no there is no way to turn off the awareness cruise control in my car..Even with the cruise control off, it still sends out the band.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: POP and California

Quote Originally Posted by Antonr90 View Post
    Recently I picked up a V1, unfortunately for me, my car has (Awareness Crusie Control) which basically means it uses radar to scan for cars around.. The problem with that, is that the band it sends out is basically the same Ghz as a K band.. and my V1 picks it up and goes crazy inside my car. The only way to stop the V1 from acknowledging the band is to turn the POP off.. So my question, do any of you know if POP is being widely used in CA, or am I going to be safe with it off..

If not, I have a feeling I'm going to have to switch to a 9500 IX, which I really don't want to do.

Also, before anyone asks, no there is no way to turn off the awareness cruise control in my car..Even with the cruise control off, it still sends out the band.
    POP is not used in California. You can turn it off.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post

POP is not used in California. You can turn it off.
    X2 never seen or heard of it being used in Cali.

Yoda of Radar

What you should know is that your V1's performance is almost assuredly being considerably degraded because it is constantly filtering out your cruise control's radar. It might work fine sometimes, then completely miss alerts other times. I would be very careful if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    What you should know is that your V1's performance is almost assuredly being considerably degraded because it is constantly filtering out your cruise control's radar. It might work fine sometimes, then completely miss alerts other times. I would be very careful if I were you.
    It's not filtering out my car when POP is off.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Look up electrical diagrams for your vehicle and pull the power source from the cruise control It will make you and every other detector user happy on the road

Radar Fanatic

I saw POP once when I had my 8500 X50. I don't know if it was K or Ka because the alert just said POP. The LEO was coming behind me and I/O. This was a local agency about 7 years ago.

I'm running POP on my V1, but haven't seen it get triggered.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Antonr90 View Post
    It's not filtering out my car when POP is off.
    Your V1 is filtering out your car's cruise control when pop is off. Your car is constantly emitting radar. We already know your V1 detects it, because it alerts to this signal with pop enabled. If your V1 is not alerting to that signal, then it is filtering it out. V1s park on a short signal it detects, so this hurts performance against other bands and frequencies.